Question bout carry license

sghoghunter

September 2nd me and a guy at work went to the probate court and done the paperwork for a carry license and then went to the jail to get fingerprinted. They told us they should be in the mail in ten days. He got his in 11 days and I still have yet to see anything. I’ve always had problems buying a gun with one guy saying my name or SS number must be close to a felons. They never turn me down they just red flag it. Can anyone be turned down for a license?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think it’s county specific and in Cherokee it was like 2 weeks if that......how long has it been? I’ve heard of folks saying it took 3 months, but I think that’s on the county.

sghoghunter

I think it’s county specific and in Cherokee it was like 2 weeks if that......how long has it been? I’ve heard of folks saying it took 3 months, but I think that’s on the county.

It’s been a month and 6 days. The other guy got his in 11 days

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
It took my first one 5 days. My county just elected new probate judge. She wants to be able to do renewals thru the mail and send out a notice a month before license expires. We shall see how that works out.

hipster dufus

wife and i applied 7-8 yrs ago. She got hers in a coople weeks. Mine was denied. Had a case from 1976 in texas that never got a disposition. Appealed and had to contact el paso county for a disposition. Charges were never filed, never went to court. Just got arrested. Received paperwork, saw judge, got license.anyone ever tries to tell me how easy they r to get is full of it.37 yo case!

Jethro Bodean

One factor is the number of people buying guns and ammo and getting licenses now. Everyone is flooded now.

ryanh487

GA state law says all licenses must be approved within 32 days. Call the court and see what's up. It's always possible USPS screwed up and lost it, too.

poohbear

wife and i applied 7-8 yrs ago. She got hers in a coople weeks. Mine was denied. Had a case from 1976 in texas that never got a disposition. Appealed and had to contact el paso county for a disposition. Charges were never filed, never went to court. Just got arrested. Received paperwork, saw judge, got license.anyone ever tries to tell me how easy they r to get is full of it.37 yo case!
I had the same thing happen to me, I had to go in person to the county it was in to get a release paper, then all was good, I’ve kept that paper too.