Question for Delton

Georgiaastro

Is Sweat's bbq still open in Soperton? I was driving a truck back when they built the new place back in the 70's, up close to 16. I would make sure I was close to there for lunch if I could, they really had some good food. Even got to know them pretty good and hunted there land a couple of times for rabbits. just wondering. :cool: :banana:

Larry

QuakerBoy

dang Delton....you gonna answer the poor guy :bounce:

Handgunner

Sorry Astro, I'm still sorta out of things. :crazy:

Naw, Sweats closed down a long time ago. It's a shame too, they had some awesome BBQ... After they shut down, it became "Surf and Turf" that didn't last long at all. Now it's a Church...

Only good BBQ place around here now is "Jimmy's BBQ" or "Woody's BBQ" in Vidalia...

Before moving here, we'd visit a LOT during deer season, and often throughout the year. We've had our fair share of "Sweats" and miss it dearly... :)

Hal

My Grandparents lived in Twin City and I remember stopping in Soperton and eating BBQ. The gas station right where you get off I16 used to sell sandwiches. Sure was good. :banana:

Handgunner

That lil' Chevron station. I don't see how they keep from getting held up... That close to the interstate, with 4 different ways to go...

I wouldn't want to pull "closing" shift there!

Georgiaastro

Thanks Delton, It's been many a year since I've been down that way. They did have some good BBQ.

Larry

H

HT2

Delt.......

Delton said:
Sorry Astro, I'm still sorta out of things. :crazy:

Naw, Sweats closed down a long time ago. It's a shame too, they had some awesome BBQ... After they shut down, it became "Surf and Turf" that didn't last long at all. Now it's a Church...

Only good BBQ place around here now is "Jimmy's BBQ" or "Woody's BBQ" in Vidalia...

Before moving here, we'd visit a LOT during deer season, and often throughout the year. We've had our fair share of "Sweats" and miss it dearly... :)
When did "WOODY" open up a "BBQ" joint????????

That's a long way from Baldwin.......... :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Handgunner

"Woody's" has a couple BBQ joints from what I understand........ ;)