Good honest sweat

Hoss

Batteries had died in the cell cameras, so Mrs. Hoss and I headed for the hunting land this morning to replace batteries and do a few other things. Had to replace some camo on a stand and generally just check things out. Got a later start then planned (usually happens when Mrs. Hoss is going along and she won‘t let me go alone) so it was about 9:30 when we got there. She got to ride the ATV to the first stand while I used the machete to trim back some branches. That started the sweating. Got to the stand and changed batteries and put up a couple non cell cameras. Then replaced the camo. I looked around and thought there are a few to many small trees growing in the shooting lanes so me and the machete went to work some more while she got to sit in the stand and direct me. Produced significantly more sweat. Finished up and went on to the next stand. Got the batteries changed and luckily didn’t need to do any more trimming. Headed back to the truck, but had to stop at a feeder that needed some work. It was right out in the blazing sun so it was produced a significant amount of sweat. Bad news was I brought the wrong tools so there will be another future trip. By this time, there wasn’t a dry piece of clothing on me. Mrs. Hoss was pretty much soaked to and she wasn’t swinging the machete so that gives you an idea how toasty is was out there. Now we were smart enough to bring plenty of water and and electrolytes to put in it So it was going back in about as fast as it came out. AC in the truck sure felt great. And it feels good to get out and work like that at 70 years old. Good day and I really do appreciate Mrs. Hoss being with me. Be tough doing this stuff without her.

Jim Boyd

Great report and yes, it IS hot!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great day ! I say every spring , while it’s cool , I’m gonna do some stuff that needs done for deer season . And most of gets done in the blazing heat .
Be careful out there , it’s more than hot

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Glad you held up to the heat old timer. ::ke:
I usually work at hunting properties heavily from January through May. Then sporadically until season.

jaydawg

As Billy would say…It’s some, more hot in GA…sounds like a good day, Hoss…you have a keeper in Mrs. Hoss…good luck this season

frankwright

You did good.
I went to my friend's farm yesterday, my ATV is still at pig land so I borrowed a golf cart.
I took a dead motor off a barrel feeder and converted it to gravity and added 150 lbs of corn.
Walked back into edge of swamp carrying a bucket feeder, step ladder, bucket of corn, game camera and thermacell. Got that taken care and walked back out and in with a trophy rock. Checked out the ladder stand, everything looked good.
Went to a narrow food plot and hung another bucket feeder and put up a camera. Found a camera I had forgot to get out last year. Had a bunch of does and a few small 8 pointers. Then some big black cow's nose on my camera and then about 500 pictures of sky and tree limbs until battery went dead. Dang nosey cow.
Finally went to another narrow food plot, hung up a feeder and added corn and another camera.
I was whipped by then and headed for some A/C.
I will be 77 in November, still out there trying to keep the old man away!