Scent free in off season

Dean

Maybe most responding to the OP don't turkey hunt the same "deer" woods..? Heck, walking all over chasing gobblers and sitting on the ground, back against a tree...leaving human scent all over the woods...so nope, don't worry too much about scent control until September....

stringmusic

I don’t look at the wind direction, I wash my hunting clothes with my regular clothes in whatever scent my wife buys. I pee out of the stand, when I chewed tobacco I spit on the ground. I get gas on the way to hunt in what I’m wearing in the stand. I don’t pay any mind to scent in or out of the season and I only bow hunt and I do alright.

Last few seasons kills
IMG_2594.jpeg

IMG_4089.jpeg

I’m not saying its completely useless to try to be scent free but I think people give deer too much credit sometimes.

BeerThirty

I put my clothes into a plastic, air-tight container in the off-season. It's not a perfect seal but it's good enough for me. When it's time to hunt, I spray my gear with scent-eliminator and let it hang outside for a week or two. That's about my whole routine.

Jim Boyd

I have scent free flip flops, if that counts.

Of course, you actually have to go TO the stand for it to matter at all!

Karl @BluewaterFever is good at what he is talking about - and I have seen some whoppers go in his truck!!!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I don't use any scent killer or take any scent precautions whether I'm deer hunting or not. All I do is take note of the wind. That's it. I'm not gonna even try to defeat the nose of a deer.

01Foreman400

Staff member
No thought given to try and be scent free at anytime. I wash my hunting clothes in Tide and use just my regular old smell good soap, shampoo and deodorant as well while hunting. I just pay attention to the wind. My family and I killed a total of 21 deer this season and I put some other kids and buddies on 5 more. I was in the stand for all 26 deer.

kayaksteve

I don’t worry at all in the off season. I don’t worry much in season, I’ll look at the wind but if I’m going - I’m going. I’ll just do the best I can with what the wind is doing.

Jim Boyd

My family and I killed a total of 21 deer this season and I put some other kids and buddies on 5 more. I was in the stand for all 26 deer.

That is racking them up!!!!

Well done!

Jim Boyd

We joined DMAP this year and had a lot of killing to do. We still didn’t meet our goal. We filled a lot of friends and families freezer.
More folks need to do and realize this.

Good work

snookdoctor

You can't be scent free if you are breathing. You useta could get close to it when you could buy clorets gum, but i don't know if there are any real oral bacteria killers out there any more.

Jim Boyd

You can't be scent free if you are breathing. You useta could get close to it when you could buy clorets gum, but i don't know if there are any real oral bacteria killers out there any more.

Arm pits, groin, butt crack, hair etc?