Question for suryeors on the board

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
When you put pins in the middle of a waist high 30 acre hay field to mark off a 5 acre lot do you charge extra to mark it with a 6 inch piece of flagging laid under the pin driven into the ground?? Do you laugh when you do it ?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
When you put pins in the middle of a waist high 30 acre hay field to mark off a 5 acre lot do you charge extra to mark it with a 6 inch piece of flagging laid under the pin driven into the ground?? Do you laugh when you do it ?
You've hired the same crew that I used. :rofl:

Whitefeather

Management Material
When was it surveyed? Most surveyors would flag the crap out of it if there’s something to tie it to. If not, there’s probably a wooden stake laying around there that either got knocked over or rotted off.

Whitefeather

Management Material
That’s very likely. People see survey flagging and stakes and get angry about it. It’s always worst case scenario in their minds too. We’ve had them pull up control points and transverse points just because.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
That’s very likely. People see survey flagging and stakes and get angry about it. It’s always worst case scenario in their minds too. We’ve had them pull up control points and transverse points just because.
If you put them in the right place we'd stop. :stir: ::ke::rofl:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I will say that the surveyor who marked a boundary across a hay field about 3 years ago put a wooden stake with flagging tape every 50 feet or so.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I love the old surveys that have property descriptions that start with....
Starting at the old pine stump next to the white rock on the SW corner of where the old Johnson place used to be........
@elfiii :biggrin2: :rofl: He has some good ones

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I love the old surveys that have property descriptions that start with....
Starting at the old pine stump next to the white rock on the SW corner of where the old Johnson place used to be........
When I got this place it was still described as it was when my GGGrand Father parcelled it out to my GGrand Father... in rods and chains from stacked stones to the creek crossing to the iron stob, etc.