elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Do one please.

That is all.

:biggrin2:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I planted plots today and have another full day's work filling feeders and putting out cameras, weedeating and trimming. No one here to hep.
I hope it holds off for me, so yeah, looks good for you...

sghoghunter

We’re planting tomorrow so between me and you I hope we wear the soles off our boots dancing. It’s showing around a 60% chance for us towards the middle of next week but we’ll see

Lilly001

I finally got my plots finished yesterday.
It’s been a frustrating year. Tractor broke down so I couldn’t plant when I had help. Early surgery that set me back. Wifey had heart issues (turned out to be OK) that required me to take her to Fl for all of August and 2 weeks of September. And on Tuesday my truck broke down and is still in the shop ( luckily I had the diesel to drive).
But it’s done.
Now I need rain.

buckpasser

I’m glad my seed is still in the bags. The fert is in the dirt, but there just ain’t no sense planting yet. A little longer and I can just dust it in I guess…

I’m also glad I didn’t till under any of my pea or hemp patches to plant winter stuff. They are still going strong.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I finally got my plots finished yesterday.
It’s been a frustrating year. Tractor broke down so I couldn’t plant when I had help. Early surgery that set me back. Wifey had heart issues (turned out to be OK) that required me to take her to Fl for all of August and 2 weeks of September. And on Tuesday my truck broke down and is still in the shop ( luckily I had the diesel to drive).
But it’s done.
Now I need rain.
Dang Lilly. After all that Id say you have earned killing the big buck privileges .

Doesn’t look like rain is going to happen for me today. :rolleyes:

TJay

We got a sprinkling of rain here at the house, not enough to amount to anything. But at least it was something. Maybe things will change a little now.

1eyefishing

My seat is drilled into the ground yesterday so i'm good with rain whatever.
I'm over here near lee and I'm about to squeak through it without a drop.
I think we'll have two or three or four days of moisture in about a week. Right on time to make my muzzle loader soggy.
Got corn and new cell cameras out today. They were wondering what's taking so long...

2336340841.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
Lee- I washed my van today after rambling around the dirt and gravel roads of Clybel WMA and Charlie Elliott for three weeks.....

Sure enough......

It only took about an hour for the rain to come without nary cloud in the sky. All except my trees have about had it so I'm pulling for you guys to get some rain. To late for my lawn tho.

I did find a place about 500 feet past the city limit sign, according to Google Earth, to throw out some sweet feed and wait. :bounce:

TarponStalker

We won't plant for 10-12 days. This is Georgia's dry season. If you don't get a tropical system in September it's typically dry until the first cold front passes through.
I constantly hear from guys planting in early September. Yes. Sometimes it works but with no rain they wonder why their plots fail. If you plant winter grasses they struggle in 90 degree drought

1eyefishing

Look at all the hundredths of inches a rain we got list nite!
I really hope it doesn't germinate my seed before next week's good rain.

Screenshot_20231007_084014_Chrome.jpg

1eyefishing

We won't plant for 10-12 days. This is Georgia's dry season. If you don't get a tropical system in September it's typically dry until the first cold front passes through.
I constantly hear from guys planting in early September. Yes. Sometimes it works but with no rain they wonder why their plots fail. If you plant winter grasses they struggle in 90 degree drought

Everyone knows October is Georgia's driest month.
We do okay planting in september...
Get it established before the dry is my usual goal...
Late this year for me because of bear hunting.

Screenshot_20231007_084636_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20231007_084653_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20231007_084738_Photos.jpg20230921_171636.jpg

B. White

We got .39 last night and a little more about 0300. I haven't worried about it since I started planting closer to Oct. 1 years ago. That little bit of rain in Oct. goes a lot further with less heat/shorter days and some heavy dews.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member