Range Report Kahr 9mm, JUNK

Muygrande

Range Report Kahr 9mm,

Well after owning this thing for 6 months for my wife, we got around to making the switch and took it to the range. .....Well I'm a big guy with big hands and this is a worthless little gun for me, and way to much travel for a woman who hasn't got great trigger control. If you're shooting form has you lining both thumbs along the frame pointed toward the front, this thing will eat you up!! ::huh: Right thumb repeatedly torn up by the slide release which is, way too sharp to be on a carry gun. Had to hold the gun like one of those Hollywood cops, with my thumb underneath the slide stop and my left hand cupping my right palm!! :mad: shots and the clip falls out and stove pipes!! Slap the pad, shack the slide and return to firing 4 shots same thing.!!! :banginghe Without the proper hold this little gun rotates out of your grip from the recoil (with defense loads) activates the Mag release and you're out of business. :( I wasn't even gonna shoot it until she decided she hated it and I thought "well I'll use it when we go to the mall or the movies as a less conspicuous CCW". She is FOR SALE!!!! Looks like I'm getting another Shotgun and she's gonna keep shooting the Glock 19!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Buzz

Well - I guess that's why there are so many options available. I have a Kahr K40 Covert which is a tiny little Stainless Steel .40 Caliber. I love it. Very accurate and a rock solid pistol.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
my P-40 is great and no problems after kahr's break in period as stated in the owners manual what you want for it?

Guy

It may not be for you!

I have shot pistols I like and shot some I don't like. You gotta get what works for you. I had a Kimber Ultra Carry that shot great, but it jammed a few times. Even with a few of my more expeirenced buddies shooting it. It's gone now.

However, I did shoot a Kahr 9mm before. It was a fine little gun. You may just not like it for your grip and shooting style.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
forgot to ask which kahr is it they make several eddy

Muygrande

Oh crud.....Sorry Eddy it's the P9 Polymer frame. I'm trading it for a Sig Pro 2340 tomorrow I believe. Either that or they just got in a Winchester XTR Sporter with Blonde wood in :shoot: .270 Wby mag on trade and I miss the one I had powerful bad!! I may just get another rifle!!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
my Kahr was second hand the guy had a problem with jams and stovepiping but I had read a gun test of one that stressed the gun had to be broken in before it would feed without problems---short story --approx. 400 rounds later it worked perfectly I got a gun at almost 1/2 price and after 2+ years never a jam/mis-feed or stovepipe :shoot: :shoot: eddy

Gumpond

I have had my Khar for years. Since it first came out. Mine is all steel and heavy. Very controlable and accurate. Running pig, no problem. After break in, no problems. When I first got it, the spring was to strong to operate the slide release with my thumb. After break-in this problem went away. I have no idea how many rounds have been through my gun but I have had no jams.
I believe this gun could be a lot to control with a polimer frame. Lot of power for so little weight.
Great handgun.