Reckon the warranty covers this?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got several battenkills. I just can’t imagine the heartbreak

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Ohhh!!! The poor rod had its dreams crushed in a moment. The agony a fly fisher has to endure at times.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Don't believe that will buff out.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
At least the line looks salvageable? Probably close to a hundred bucks worth of fly line if it's a decent one.

GA1dad

Aw heck,,,, it'll buff out. I don't see anything cracked. Seriously, if you're any good with straightening, you might get the frame straightenes where it would accept a replacement spool. Doesn't hurt to try. If not,,,, send it to me and I'll have a go at it.

I've only had one Battenkill,,,, and I lost it when my truck was stolen a few years back.

Cool find!

615groundpounder

Aw heck,,,, it'll buff out. I don't see anything cracked. Seriously, if you're any good with straightening, you might get the frame straightenes where it would accept a replacement spool. Doesn't hurt to try. If not,,,, send it to me and I'll have a go at it.

I've only had one Battenkill,,,, and I lost it when my truck was stolen a few years back.

Cool find!
Look at the first pic again behind the handle. I'd say this is pretty unsalvagable other than getting the line off of it. I work with metal every day and this would be more trouble than its worth to try and repair.

Meriwether Mike

Take it to the Orvis Store. They may replace it?