Red Dot question???

longbowdave1

So, next question. For a FF3 style sight, at what yardage would you zero your shot pattern? Typically, my shots are under 30yds, hopefully 10 yards. I was thinking zero at 25 or 30 yards.

Wayne D Davis

I get a large pack of batters...I think 6 or 8 pac. I got a center point, ff and Hawke illuminated. I left them on several times. Fairly often and never had one die while in the field. Depending on how many times I forget to turn it off or roughly a month worth of hunt's I'll change it. I keep a extra in my day pack just incase

longbowdave1

I did pick up a sight for the shotgun, and mounted it on the gun this afternoon. I wanted to point it outside in the daylight and see how it looks. Just then 4 Big Toms came in to my bird feeder, and I got to try out the lighted red crosshairs on a live bird. Looked awesome. I did e get a picture of 1 of them with my phone before they wandered off. Red cross hairs against a black bird,Sight in bird.jpg in the snow is cool!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I did pick up a sight for the shotgun, and mounted it on the gun this afternoon. I wanted to point it outside in the daylight and see how it looks. Just then 4 Big Toms came in to my bird feeder, and I got to try out the lighted red crosshairs on a live bird. Looked awesome. I did e get a picture of 1 of them with my phone before they wandered off. Red cross hairs against a black bird,View attachment 998873 in the snow is cool!
Did u hit it !

Swamprat

Swamprat
At first thought that bird was pecking in the white sand of PCB then realized where LBD1 was living.

turkeykirk

So, next question. For a FF3 style sight, at what yardage would you zero your shot pattern? Typically, my shots are under 30yds, hopefully 10 yards. I was thinking zero at 25 or 30 yards.

I sight mine in at 10-15 yards with dove loads. Then move to my maximum range of 35-40 yards and shoot my hunting loads to see if I need to make anymore adjustments.

Last edited:

WFL

They in the shop. You can email.

longbowdave1

I went with a FF3 style nock off for this season. A friend of mine has had luck with the Feyachi sight on his gun. If if doesnt preform,i will upgrade to an Ff3 or similar grade sight later this year. Red or green, 4 different reticles, and a locking screw to help hold zero. When i get warmer westher i will sight it in. Cold has set in here now. 10 degees right now. No fun for playing with guns.

longbowdave1

In really looking forward to shooting it. Im actually building a lead sled as we speak for sighting it in. Got to save wear and tear on my shoulders.

Wayne D Davis

Just got my bubble busted thinking I was going to install a new red dot on my pre 97 835 ulti mag. There are no pre drilled/ tapped holes for a weaver rail