Redlands WMA

JonnyCatch5

has anyone ever hunted at redlands wma? we would like to go to the late december hunt.........is it worth it?

E

Etter1

I've hunted there a lot but it would be better for you to talk to somebody else as I've had very limited success there. OVer the years, I've killed 1 buck, 1 turkey and lots of squirrels there. If it's real late season and the acorns are gone, you can always find deer down in the privet bottoms. But I doubt the acorns will be gone before the season is.

ugabowhunter

well, to briefly explain...everytime i hunt public land i drive straight through redlands to get to my spots. there are deer out there and i have hunted some awesome spots to no avail. in my opinion it is not worth the drive from adairsville. try oconee wma if you bowhunt or the oconee national forest near monticello. seen and killed some good deer consistently in the areas.

Craig Knight

Redlands

Use to but never had any luck in the woods. I forget the name of the road but it has a really old church towards the end of it I did see a very good 10 pointer cross the rd in front of my truck one time. Might go back some time in the future, lots of sign just no luck.

gadeerwoman

Craig, was the church a small white church at the corner of two paved roads? Dirt road ran off almost in front of the church? If so, it might be Shiloh Baptist Church off Penfield/Shiloh Road. Roberts bike camp and the hunt camp area is off the dirt road.

E

Etter1

I talked to a ranger this weekend about redlands. He patrols it regularly. He said that it used to be as good as cedar creek until the state upped the tags. He said he would check camps during the first week where 5 guys would kill ten deer, the next year it was 5 deer, the next year 1, and now if you kill a deer there, everybody wants to come look at it. Redlands has been shot out IMO.

Craig Knight

Church

Gadeerwoman, The best I can remember it was an old brick church Theres only one dirt road in front of it.no paved roads around where we were.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
My dad lives in the middle of Redlands and he sees deer everyday.

I have hunted 16 days at Redlands and have seen deer everytime I've entered the woods, save 2.

It's a big place that recieves a great deal of hunting pressure.

"You have to look for isolated pockets of land that no one else views as huntable" he said repeatedly.

Of course, don't forget the season is closed there right now!

B Young

Just so every one knows, ther are also some very nice sized bucks around redlands too. I just saw one run across the road in front of me Friday about 7-8 points not record book, but a trophy in my book! I also saw a BIGUN' earlier in the season. If only I was hunting when I saw him. But they were both on Redlands.

gadeerwoman

Seemed like a lot fewer hunters on Redlands this year too. Make sure you check the regs also. I haven't looked for this year but I know they usually are closed from the first weekend in December until after Christmas for deer hunting.