Reelfoot lake this morning

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
That's what we heard at first, but now the witnesses statement sounds different. I think the statement is a partial truth is all.
You’re hearing what the media has been told. Or what they make up after they are told.

tucker80

What has everyone else been hearing? Does anyone here know the parties personally?

I've read several articles and it just don't add up. There's always more to it and i don't think this is any different.
It is a shame no matter what the reason was.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
What has everyone else been hearing? Does anyone here know the parties personally?

I've read several articles and it just don't add up. There's always more to it and i don't think this is any different.
It is a shame no matter what the reason was.
I know he’s got two murder warrants out for him

across the river

If you have a Facebook page, look up the backtothelodge podcast and watch it. A little long, but seems to have more reliable information that most for the nonsense going around.

Last edited:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If you have a Facebook page, look up the backtothelodge podcast and watch it. A little long, but seems to have more reliable information that most for the nonsense going around.
Give me the cliffs notes please

alphachief

They wait until the last paragraph to tell the reader that they basically don’t know the facts. From what I previously read, the surviving hunter says the shooter was invited into the blind to hunt with them. Doesn’t sound like much of a confrontation to me. As for sky busting...the young man that managed the gun department at Final Flight was supposedly a seasoned hunter. Doubt the group were your typical inconsiderate yahoo skybusters.

MIG

Body of shooter was apparently recovered from the lake around 3pm yesterday.

across the river

It will be interesting to see how this one shakes out.

The 70 year old guy just pulling up and shooting two guys for no reason does not make sense.

That doesn't mean that it didn't happen that way though.

There are different types dementia that affect different parts of the brain and yield significantly different symptoms. My grandmother had dementia for a while and just sort of zoned out and couldn't remember people, things, dates, etc.. Eventually got where she couldn't recognize anyone, didn't really respond, etc....

Had a family member that had a different form, but he would have spats where he got extremely violent. It was weird, because this nice man you ws salt of the earth that you had known for years would act completely different, used words toward people, including his wife, he would have never said before, and just act downright mean and violent at times. It could seemingly trigger from what seemed like nothing. If the old man indeed had dementia, I can see it. It doesn't make sense to a normal people, but I could see it happening. Now what I do find odd, is the dementia usually progresses, so why the family was letting someone with dementia go hunting by himself I don't get.

across the river

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
There are different types dementia that affect different parts of the brain and yield significantly different symptoms. My grandmother had dementia for a while and just sort of zoned out and couldn't remember people, things, dates, etc.. Eventually got where she couldn't recognize anyone, didn't really respond, etc....

Had a family member that had a different form, but he would have spats where he got extremely violent. It was weird, because this nice man you ws salt of the earth that you had known for years would act completely different, used words toward people, including his wife, he would have never said before, and just act downright mean and violent at times. It could seemingly trigger from what seemed like nothing. If the old man indeed had dementia, I can see it. It doesn't make sense to a normal people, but I could see it happening. Now what I do find odd, is the dementia usually progresses, so why the family was letting someone with dementia go hunting by himself I don't get.

Did the guy have dementia? I had not read that anywhere else.

across the river

Did the guy have dementia? I had not read that anywhere else.

There are a couple of more legitimate resources that talk about it. the backtothelodge podcast talked about it as well. I think this link has more truthful information that most.

https://www.dresdenenterprise.com/2021/01/28/reelfoot-shooting-deaths-remains-under-investigation/

All the notions that they were arguing, or shot his swing birds, or had been at it all season, etc.... seem to be made up. It appears the old man just had an episode or something and lost it for a minute.