Reminder: Don't forget to renew your Georgia Weapons Carry License.....

Dub

Some counties take longer than others....

When I went this week I was quoted 4 weeks on a renewal.

IIRC, it was only 2 weeks to get it initially.

Good luck.

Stay safe out there, folks.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I went online and did all the paperwork a little over a month ago. I hadn't heard anything so I called to see about it. I was informed that they were taking walk ins that I wouldn't get a response from the online application. I hot footed it to the courthouse and after it was all over the kind lady told me it would be about 3 weeks and they would call me when it arrived. I informed her that mine would expire in 2 weeks and she politely replied that is was still good 30 days after the date with the receipt :huh:

Dub

Is one required to carry on WMA/NF Land outside of a hunting season? Protection from bears, hogs, wild dogs, hobos and escaped convicts?

Open carry ?

Concealed carry ?

I'd sure hate to go off incorrect information. That's something I'd want to know for certain and have clear understanding of....and see it in print.

This is a spot that my county's Probate Court website actually lists on their website:

https://www.georgiapacking.org/forums/general-gwl-questions.125/page-2

Some folks here are members over there, too.

Good luck.

Safe packing.

Darkhorse

Sometimes it's nice to live where a lot of people know your name. I applied for mine at lunch time. Got a call at 3PM, the nice lady said my license was ready for me to pick it up. I walked out the Probate's door just before 5PM the same day with my new CCW license safely in my wallet.
I don't know how it will go the next time, which is now, because I let mine get out of date while dealing with a hip replacement.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Sometimes it's nice to live where a lot of people know your name. I applied for mine at lunch time. Got a call at 3PM, the nice lady said my license was ready for me to pick it up. I walked out the Probate's door just before 5PM the same day with my new CCW license safely in my wallet.
I don't know how it will go the next time, which is now, because I let mine get out of date while dealing with a hip replacement.

did it look like a Driver License but say Georgia Weapons Carry License with your picture? way back it was just a paper card. I think the State issues them now like a D/L and they have your picture on them.

JeffinPTC

May not matter after next week :
Constitutional carry:
https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/201892

March 31, 2022

Dear GA2A Member,

Tomorrow is the next to the last day of this General Assembly and Monday, April 4 is sine die. We need you help to get these two bills passed before time runs out.

Yesterday afternoon, the House passed SB 319 by a vote of 100-67. The bill now goes back to the Senate where they can agree, disagree or agree with amendments on the changes made in the House. If the Senate agrees, the bill will go to Governor Kemp's desk to await his signature, which is what we want.

If the Senate disagrees with the changes, there will be a conference committee made up of 3 Senators and 3 Representatives. The Lt. Governor will pick the 3 Senators and the Speaker of the House will pick the 3 Representatives. Should the bill go to conference committee, the committee can make any changes they can agree on and present the bill to each chamber. If each chamber passes the changes, the bill will go to the Governor for his signature.

Please contact your senators and ask them to support SB 319 when it come to the floor in the next day or so. Your email should be short and to the point. All that is necessary to say is your name, the county you live in, that you are a member of GA2A and that you appreciate his/her support on SB 319.
If you do not know who your Senator is, follow the link below to find your elected officials:
Just click on the above link. Type in your address and click on and click on "Search by Address. The names and contact information of your Representative and Senator will be at the top of the next page.

Also, earlier today, the House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee passed SB 259 again. It was recommitted to the committee last Monday in order to address some of the language involved in a person regaining their Constitutional rights once they have been taken away.

We feel this is the most important bill of the year as it goes a long way in restoring our Second Amendment rights.

We now need you to contact the House Rules Committee and urge them to vote to pass SB 259 on to the House floor for an up or down vote. We are informed that the bill is being held up in the House Rules Committee and no one is pushing to get this bill passed. We need to pour on the heat and get this bill moved..
House Rules Committee:
Please contact the member of the House Rules Committee who is your representative and urge him/her to vote to pass these bills to the full House for a Floor vote. There are 38 members of the Committee who are listed here along with a link to their contact information.
We also need you to contact your representative urging them to vote for our bill when it comes to the floor for an up or down vote. If you do not know who your representative is, follow the link below to find your elected officials:
Open States
Just click on the above link. Type in your address and click on and click on "Search by Address. The names and contact information of your Representative and Senator will be at the top of the next page.

We are getting very close to the end of this session, and we need your support to contact the above and urge them to vote for our bill.

Thank you for all your support thus far, but please do not slow down now!

Dub

did it look like a Driver License but say Georgia Weapons Carry License with your picture? way back it was just a paper card. I think the State issues them now like a D/L and they have your picture on them.

Yup.

I remember the little laminated card with your fingerprint on it.

I was hoping the gal would use the picture on my soon-to-expire GWL....but naw...she insisted on getting a current one.

I done uglied up a heap over the last few years. :rofl:

May not matter after next week :
Constitutional carry:
https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/201892

March 31, 2022

Dear GA2A Member,

Tomorrow is the next to the last day of this General Assembly and Monday, April 4 is sine die. We need you help to get these two bills passed before time runs out.

Yesterday afternoon, the House passed SB 319 by a vote of 100-67. The bill now goes back to the Senate where they can agree, disagree or agree with amendments on the changes made in the House. If the Senate agrees, the bill will go to Governor Kemp's desk to await his signature, which is what we want.

If the Senate disagrees with the changes, there will be a conference committee made up of 3 Senators and 3 Representatives. The Lt. Governor will pick the 3 Senators and the Speaker of the House will pick the 3 Representatives. Should the bill go to conference committee, the committee can make any changes they can agree on and present the bill to each chamber. If each chamber passes the changes, the bill will go to the Governor for his signature.

Please contact your senators and ask them to support SB 319 when it come to the floor in the next day or so. Your email should be short and to the point. All that is necessary to say is your name, the county you live in, that you are a member of GA2A and that you appreciate his/her support on SB 319.
If you do not know who your Senator is, follow the link below to find your elected officials:

Also, earlier today, the House Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee passed SB 259 again. It was recommitted to the committee last Monday in order to address some of the language involved in a person regaining their Constitutional rights once they have been taken away.

We feel this is the most important bill of the year as it goes a long way in restoring our Second Amendment rights.

We now need you to contact the House Rules Committee and urge them to vote to pass SB 259 on to the House floor for an up or down vote. We are informed that the bill is being held up in the House Rules Committee and no one is pushing to get this bill passed. We need to pour on the heat and get this bill moved..
House Rules Committee:
Please contact the member of the House Rules Committee who is your representative and urge him/her to vote to pass these bills to the full House for a Floor vote. There are 38 members of the Committee who are listed here along with a link to their contact information.
We also need you to contact your representative urging them to vote for our bill when it comes to the floor for an up or down vote. If you do not know who your representative is, follow the link below to find your elected officials:
Open States

We are getting very close to the end of this session, and we need your support to contact the above and urge them to vote for our bill.

Thank you for all your support thus far, but please do not slow down now!

That's good news. (y)(y) ....but even with Constitutional Carry, I'm still going to keep my GWL current.

If for no other reason it makes picking up guns at the FFL a quick process.

menhadenman

Yup.

I remember the little laminated card with your fingerprint on it.

I was hoping the gal would use the picture on my soon-to-expire GWL....but naw...she insisted on getting a current one.

That's good news. (y)(y) ....but even with Constitutional Carry, I'm still going to keep my GWL current.

I‘ve got CDLs and CWPs in 5-10 states. You don’t never know ?.

Dub

I‘ve got CDLs and CWPs in 5-10 states. You don’t never know ?.

Exactly. (y)(y)(y)(y)

There's Federal law.....and then there are State's laws......and County/City laws... :rofl: No telling where the allegiance will fall at a given time...in a given situation.... :huh:

Forgive me for not relying solely on anything Federal when these three goons are the Numba Uno, Dos y Tres at the top of the current trash heap.

images-46.jpeg

I am absolutely sick to my stomach that we have/had members here who reported supporting them with their votes.

Unbelievable.

rosewood

Stressful life events does that to you faster than aging.

I plan on keeping mine either way for the same reason and interstate travel. I don't think I have ever had a background check for a firearm, just permit renewals.

Rosewood

menhadenman

Exactly. (y)(y)(y)(y)

There's Federal law.....and then there are State's laws......and County/City laws... :rofl: No telling where the allegiance will fall at a given time...in a given situation.... :huh:

Forgive me for not relying solely on anything Federal when these three goons are the Numba Uno, Dos y Tres at the top of the current trash heap.

View attachment 1143810

I am absolutely sick to my stomach that we have/had members here who reported supporting them with their votes.

Unbelievable.
These are traitors and should be locked up for treason... there is absolutely no question that the US Constitution has been trashed and burned to the ground while we sit around with jumbo soda pops reading about rich actors slapping each other during a bogus award ceremony that nobody cares about.

GregoryB.

I am just starting the process over again. We are a Military couple and my Wife is retiring this year and we are moving back to WV. I already retired. WV has Constitutional Carry but I don’t like my gun seen all day plus I travel so I need my CCP. Sheriff’s Department said it shouldn’t be but just a couple of weeks to get my permit. Already dropped of my packet.

krizia829

T
Some counties take longer than others....

When I went this week I was quoted 4 weeks on a renewal.

IIRC, it was only 2 weeks to get it initially.

Good luck.

Stay safe out there, folks.

Crazy! Here in FL, a new application may take 4-6 weeks but a renewal can be printed on the spot in our dept of agriculture office with an appointment and a check for $45. Online renewal may take like 2 weeks to come in the mail

Reactions: Dub

Darkhorse

It was a laminated card with a fingerprint on it. I Can't remember what it was called.

Dub

Meant to update the thread.

My new card arrived in under two weeks. (y)

As stated.....done uglied a good bit since the last card was issued.

Got five years to study up and tame down the ugly before then next glamour shot session. :rofl:

Two weeks, when was expecting four.

I'm happy with that.

Stay safe folks.