What's your earliest memory?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I don’t remember my grandpa but seeing his coffin sitting in the living room at Nanny’s house.
I was 2 when he died.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I was between 1 & 2, walking/waddling, still wore cloth diapers & those horrible plastic covers! I remember watching Daddy setting up our first pool in the back yard, knew I needed to tell Mama had to potty, but couldn't leave Daddy unintended............ yeah, I got fussed at!:rofl:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Wow some of y’all can remember from an early age. I don’t think any of my memories are earlier than 6 years old or so. Maybe some of them are a little earlier. My dad owned a couple race cars when I was young. I remember going to the races on Friday and Saturday night.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Mama always told me that I was too young to remember the things I would tell, but I was always right. My oldest was Mama rocking me and mumming to me while holding me in in her arms. I now have that old wooden rocking chair that still has a particular sound when it's rocked.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I don’t remember my grandpa but seeing his coffin sitting in the living room at Nanny’s house.
I was 2 when he died.
My great grandpa had a funeral home. They lived upstairs in this big old house. Bodies in the bottom with white cloth curtains. I remember running up those stairs missing about 5 steps at a time to get upstairs. :bounce:

Core Lokt

I don't remember how old I was but in elementary school . I took a trip to the everglades with my grandfather in an Izzu pup truck from Orlando Fl. driving 45 MPH. It must have been 45 years ago. I guess I was 5. That is where my mom's parents are from. It took forever it seemed there and back but had a great time on the swamp buggies.

I will also never forget the time my sister fell in the bathtub and her eyes rolled backwards. She was a baby, could talk and all. I was in elementary school. She didn't talk for a week, couldn't make out what she was saying. Scared me to death...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have a couple of memories from under the age of four.

One was being caught in a barbwire fence, on a trail to the pond behind the house. Dad was taking me fishing, and I had to make my own way.

There is an old Polaroid of me smiling holding a small bass, in a blood speckled white t-shirt.

I don't remember anything but the fence...

I also remember being in the holly bushes, after riding my tricycle off the front porch.

Both of these events happened when we lived in Greenville SC. We moved to Ware Co. Georgia in 1973, when I was 4 years old.

Havana Dude

Between 1-2. Had a dream about A firetruck driving into the neighborhood, lights and sirens. Some 30 years later, I kid you not, I lived that dream. I was driving the firetruck, and we laid a line to a house, within site of the house I was in when I had the dream. We moved out of that house when I was about 3.

Duff

I remember my granny. She died when I was 3 years old

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I remember getting burned on a car's exhaust when I was 2 and I have a number of memories from when I was almost 3. But, my earliest memory was the February 1973 snowstorm in Albany when I was 2 months short of 2 years old. Hard to believe I remember that but I do have a few memories of that day.

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I remember my family living in a small house behind Gene Tyner's Store off Chandler highway and it snowing. My dad got his truck stuck and couldn't go to work, and he got out and played in the snow with me and my older brother. I was 2-1/2.. maybe 32 months old.

VTRman

I can remember m grandparents large circa 1900 house in Decatur on Sycamore Street, especially a large canvas tent they had set up in the back yard. Born in 61' and by late 63' they sold it to a developer and moved to Chastain Park on Powers Feery Rd. So at 2 years old I could remember that house.
Wonder where that was. Born in 1960 and been down that street a thousand times.

VTRman

My earliest memories are from when I was about 4, but I can't think of any specific incidents.

Dr. Strangelove

I remember being bathed in the sink with the sink sprayer at my Uncle's beach house in Myrtle Beach. My mom swears I shouldn't be able to remember that because I was only two, but I do.

VTRman

Will look for a pic. If coming off the square \ downtown area headed East it was maybe the 3rd house on the right, now a condo community sits on the spot.
I know the condo community well. I remember when it was built. My 85 year old mom will also remember it I think.
MARTA took a bunch of those beautiful old homes out too, but that was a few blocks further east.

westcobbdog

I know the condo community well. I remember when it was built. My 85 year old mom will also remember it I think.
MARTA took a bunch of those beautiful old homes out too, but that was a few blocks further east.
Ask her if she remembered any "Stones" or a family named "Goss", both my family.