Restaurants on the water in GA

ChiefOsceola

Laprades looks like a cool place. I haven't been up to Lake Burton since I was a kid when our family went and spent a week with some friends of my parents who had a place on the water.

jeg

I haven't been in a long time and I've heard it will be closing this year (due to lease not being offered because marina moved and sold it's lot or something) but a place on Clark Hill called Soap Creek Lodge/Restaurant is good. Just tie off on their docks and walk up the hill. Right outside of Lincolnton heading toward McCormick SC, about a 10-15 minute ride from Elijah Clarke state park .

Badluck

there are 2 or 3 on Lake Oconee - Grantie shoals marina has a one - Hwy 44 ramp has a deli in the store there -

ugakbk

Savannah options

AJ's on the Back River at Tybee Island.
Bonna Bella Yacht Club ( not really a yacht club, really an old renovated fish camp ) on Bonna Bella Creek off of the Herb River in Savannah.

Enjoy both of these spots; food, view, atmosphere are top notch. Nothing beats driving the boat to dinner.

If you are feeling adventurous, I have been known to go to Tubby's in Thunderbolt and park on the face dock at Bahia Blue after closing time with no problems as well.

bilgerat

Senior
Big creek tavern on lanier, has a dock and great food n cold beverages

crackerdave

They closed up the old restaurant prob 10 or 12 years ago I think. The building burnt down prob 5 years ago. The marina changed hands a couple times then a big outfit bought it out and completely re-did the whole thing. I missed the old Leprade's cuz that's what I grew up with, but they did a good job with the new one.

The marina company that owns it leases out the restaurant. They have leased it to several different groups since they built it. It's not southern style food anymore; I'd say the menu resembles a shrunk down Applebee's menu. The food has ranged from mediocre to very good, but either way, the view remains awesome. It's one of the coolest places to drive the boat up to and eat at. There's pics of the new marina and restaurant on that link I posted.

Man, I used ta hurt myself in there,with their family-style food!:bounce:

Southern Harbor Marina,near the West Point Dam on the Alabama side has a small but good restaurant.Their fried crawfish tails are great! Kind of a fun place on Friday and Saturday nights,too. Usually some live music.:fine:

Runs with beer,if there was a "funny screen name" contest,you'd have my vote!:rofl:

simpleman30

Bonna Bella Yacht Club ( not really a yacht club, really an old renovated fish camp ) on Bonna Bella Creek off of the Herb River in Savannah.

both good suggestions, as well as the Crab Shack on Tybee. Never been there by boat but my brother has.

another one is the Sunbury Crab Company in Liberty County. There's a public boat ramp nearby and they also have a pretty big dock on the river. they usually have a band playing in the evenings.

there's a little restaurant/bar at Shellman Bluff in McIntosh county, but dock space is likely limited

crackerdave

I hate it when they "renovate" old fish camps and give 'em a fancy new name.:( I've got some mighty good memories of old cracker fish camps and fishin' trips with my daddy and uncles.They liked to take me along so they could imbibe a little snakebite medicine,and I'd drive the boat.:bounce:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Up the creek

Some of the marinas have them..
Lanier Harbor I think is one
Aqua land is another

...but this was all 8-10 years ago

and lots of fun times.................ever been to Third Coast?

Do you remember Club Fish?

Good Times:D

pine nut

there's a little restaurant/bar at Shellman Bluff in McIntosh county, but dock space is likely limited
That would be Hunter's Cafe. Ate some steamed oysters there a couple of weeks ago. There is also Pelican's Point and the Buccaneer Club on the Sapelo River. I haven't been to either of the latter in a while but both used to be great seafood places. I have seen people in evening dress pull up in their boats and the ladies get out in their gowns and put their high heel sneakers on on the dock before entering at Pelican's Point. Cool to see.

ChiefOsceola

We spent the weekend on Sinclair and went by boat to the Bone Island Grill at Crooked Creek Marina Friday night. The shrimp and grits were might fine!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Dock your boat in the Savannah River at a little place called River Street and you'll have your choice of many fine dining places!!:cheers:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Third Coast at Friendship Road & Holiday is out of business now by Lanier.

They built a brand new restaurant closer to 985, Did they close that one?

I used to work for them................good times indeed:cool:

city boy gone country

Skippers fish camp in Darien on the Altamaha river,great food! Theres also a ramp next to it as well.
I remember when Big creek tavern started as Crocker's place,ate a lot of good food in that place. I once challanged Vinny at Third coast grill that he couldn't make Buffalo wings hot enough that I couldn't eat them,He must have put draino in that sauce because they were hotttttttt!

Latest posts