RMR for glock 20

hogdgz

What’s everyone’s recommendation on the best all around rmr for close range hunting and plinking? I was thinking around a 3moa dot. From what I have gathered either a Trijicon or Leupold delta point are the top tier followed by Burris and Vortex.

Also need recommendations on getting my gen 4 slide milled? I have seen the mount plates that go in the rear dovetail but that doesn’t look as clean to me

Thanks in advance, Chase

ChidJ

So I've milled a couple of pistols and put RMRs on them (RM01 on a Model 29 and RM06 on a Glock 17). They are... adequate. Having said that, I don't know that the any performance increase was worth it and it really sorta hurts the value of the pistol in general considering they have a factory milled offering IMO. If defensive/offensive carry isn't necessarily a consideration, try looking at an ALG 6 second mount with an Aimpoint T1 or RMR (I have a T1 on an AK and I like it much better than the RMRs). Its marketed for the Gen3 Glock 17 but I'm almost positive it will work on a Gen4 Glock 20. Then, your pistol can keep its factory condition and you don't have your sight reciprocating back and forth with the slide.

Just a left field thought. Just wanted to let you know I was a bit underwhelmed with my RMR in the Glock slide setups. But they do work as advertised. No issues whatsoever

hogdgz

So I've milled a couple of pistols and put RMRs on them (RM01 on a Model 29 and RM06 on a Glock 17). They are... adequate. Having said that, I don't know that the any performance increase was worth it and it really sorta hurts the value of the pistol in general considering they have a factory milled offering IMO. If defensive/offensive carry isn't necessarily a consideration, try looking at an ALG 6 second mount with an Aimpoint T1 or RMR (I have a T1 on an AK and I like it much better than the RMRs). Its marketed for the Gen3 Glock 17 but I'm almost positive it will work on a Gen4 Glock 20. Then, your pistol can keep its factory condition and you don't have your sight reciprocating back and forth with the slide.

Just a left field thought. Just wanted to let you know I was a bit underwhelmed with my RMR in the Glock slide setups. But they do work as advertised. No issues whatsoever
Thanks for all the input, I haven’t really thought about the resale value as I don’t plan on selling it but stuff happens ?, I may just need to leave it alone and keep it setup with the ameriglows and buy another already milled for a rmr

pacecars

I also just started looking at RMRs. I have a Fusion Pro Series 1911 in 10mm that I am going to send to Fusion and have them Mill the slide for an RMR. I talked to Tyler Serva about what they recommend and he said the most popular one sent in for mounting is the Vortex. He said they hold up well on the 10mms

hogdgz

I also just started looking at RMRs. I have a Fusion Pro Series 1911 in 10mm that I am going to send to Fusion and have them Mill the slide for an RMR. I talked to Tyler Serva about what they recommend and he said the most popular one sent in for mounting is the Vortex. He said they hold up well on the 10mms

Awesome. I will look at those. Thanks

For Close in shooting that includes hunting I think a 3 MOA would work great.

My Glock G40 10mm has had a 3 MOA Vortex Venom on it for 1.5 years. Its been a fun shooter! I recently changed it to a 1 MOA Trijicon RMR for better low light shooting (hunting) and for night hunting hogs using a rail mounted green LED light. The RMR is a much higher quality sight although it’s double in cost compared to the Vortex Venom (which I still like). For me it was worth it. I also looked at the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro but it was a 2.5 MOA so I went with the smaller MOA sight. At low light (still legal shooting time) and at night the larger 3 MOA red dot would “starburst” and would cover up a large portion of the animal I was trying to shoot. I wasn’t comfortable taking those shots hence the search for a smaller MOA dot and better optical glass.
IMG_3755-L.jpg

I also have a Glock 17 which I was no longer shooting due to not being able to see the sights clearly (presbyopia). It became a safe queen. Wanting to make it a shooter again I sent it off to get the slide milled for a red dot optic. I sent it to Primary Machine for $150 with a 2-3 week turnover. They did a great job. Mounted with a Vortex Venom it’s a fun shooter again. Here is their link:
http://primarymachine.com/glock-optic-milling/

Brian

transfixer

You might look around for another slide, I see some posted for sale from time to time, although I don't think I've seen one for a G20, if you could get into another slide for a decent price, you could have it milled and still retain your original slide, and have both options with one pistol

Apex Predator

Chase, I've got Vortex Venoms on a .454 Super Redhawk and a .357 GP100, and have killed deer with both. Great sights!

hogdgz

For Close in shooting that includes hunting I think a 3 MOA would work great.

My Glock G40 10mm has had a 3 MOA Vortex Venom on it for 1.5 years. Its been a fun shooter! I recently changed it to a 1 MOA Trijicon RMR for better low light shooting (hunting) and for night hunting hogs using a rail mounted green LED light. The RMR is a much higher quality sight although it’s double in cost compared to the Vortex Venom (which I still like). For me it was worth it. I also looked at the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro but it was a 2.5 MOA so I went with the smaller MOA sight. At low light (still legal shooting time) and at night the larger 3 MOA red dot would “starburst” and would cover up a large portion of the animal I was trying to shoot. I wasn’t comfortable taking those shots hence the search for a smaller MOA dot and better optical glass.
IMG_3755-L.jpg

I also have a Glock 17 which I was no longer shooting due to not being able to see the sights clearly (presbyopia). It became a safe queen. Wanting to make it a shooter again I sent it off to get the slide milled for a red dot optic. I sent it to Primary Machine for $150 with a 2-3 week turnover. They did a great job. Mounted with a Vortex Venom it’s a fun shooter again. Here is their link:
http://primarymachine.com/glock-optic-milling/

Brian
Nice setup and thanks for all the info. I checked out there website and if I decide to get it milled I will send it to them. Or I could use buy G40 and have both ?

hogdgz

Chase, I've got Vortex Venoms on a .454 Super Redhawk and a .357 GP100, and have killed deer with both. Great sights!

Thanks Marty, I got the pistol hunting bug bad. Enjoy it more now than bow hunting. Been doing a lot of research and ammo testing. Shot 4 does this year and recovered 3 for my first year and missed a bobcat, my goal next year is to hunt the rut with it without carrying my rifle with me also ?