Round the country father son road trip recap

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Epic! My hat is off to you! Now, I'm looking forward to the father/daughter version in a few years. You realize that she's not gonna let you get away with this? :)

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Thanks man, there is still about 11 days left to post about, I just didn't realize how long it would take me to get each day up. What's funny is that after I hit the post button I am remembering things that I forgot to add........there is so much to tell, and even when we were on this trip, I knew I would never really be able to properly tell the story. Im glad I didn't try to do this live, I would have never been able to add as much detail.
Why don't you simply write your thoughts down in a Windows text document, or office document, whatever you use, then copy and paste it here? Would be much easier on you, especially with so much you have to tell. This way would allow you to easily look back over what you have written and see what you may have left out, that you want to add. I mean, if you prefer doing things the hard way, knock yourself out. :LOL:

And yes, this has been an enjoyable thread. No doubt y'all had a blast!

Way to go, brother! :flag: :cheers:

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Man, this is awesome! My family just got back from a nearly 6,000 mile, 2 week trip up to SD, MT, WY, and CO. Looks like you and I went to a few of the same places.

I'm in agreement, the sheer size of this great nation has to be driven through to truly appreciate.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Awesome stuff! You did good! Memories of a lifetime. :clap:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
You pulled it off JB, looks like it was everything you could ever imagine it to be.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Great trip!!! Thanks for taking us along. I can’t believe the miles y’all drove some of those days. But you had lots of guys sharing the duty.

I have visited some of those places and agree wholeheartedly that pics don’t do justice to the sceneries in the western US. Especially Wyoming and Montana.

I am hoping to take a road trip like this with my oldest grandson in 2 more years.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
jb.. were you staying in hotels or camping? Maybe both?

Could you pm me a figure to budget on something like this? Dylan is a couple years from graduation, and I would love to do that with him.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Congrats to you and buzz Brent. I know you put a lot of time in planning this and it looks and sounds like it went better than expected.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Brent, you are to be commended for a most memorable time you`ve provided for your son on this big step to manhood and preparation for the big world that is out there.

I tip my hat to you, Sir, and wish your son much success in life.

Thank you Nic, I very much appreciate you saying that. :cheers:

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Epic! My hat is off to you! Now, I'm looking forward to the father/daughter version in a few years. You realize that she's not gonna let you get away with this? :)

Oh Heck yea! She is already bugging me about getting up to Montana, and I am looking for a way to take her there :)

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Why don't you simply write your thoughts down in a Windows text document, or office document, whatever you use, then copy and paste it here? Would be much easier on you, especially with so much you have to tell. This way would allow you to easily look back over what you have written and see what you may have left out, that you want to add. I mean, if you prefer doing things the hard way, knock yourself out. :LOL:

And yes, this has been an enjoyable thread. No doubt y'all had a blast!

Way to go, brother! :flag::cheers:

I thought about doing that, but once I got started on this format I just went with it.
And, thanks!

JB0704

I Gots Goats
jb.. were you staying in hotels or camping? Maybe both?

Could you pm me a figure to budget on something like this? Dylan is a couple years from graduation, and I would love to do that with him.

Hotels, but if I owned a camper with a shower I would have done that, there are some awesome park facilities out there. The issue with a camper would be the extra gas cost.

I'll send a PM, and I hope you are able to take Dylan........I think it would be so cool if more folks started doing things like this.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Congrats to you and buzz Brent. I know you put a lot of time in planning this and it looks and sounds like it went better than expected.

I was very fortunate the whole thing went so well. No charter boats canceled, no sightseeing spots missed. The only thing we didn't do that I had hoped to do was drive through Rhode Island, and we were able to add Bryce Canyon into the schedule.

Triple C

JB...Just finished reading this thread. Holy Cow! What an incredible experience for the both of you. Hat's off to a great dad!

JB0704

I Gots Goats
JB...Just finished reading this thread. Holy Cow! What an incredible experience for the both of you. Hat's off to a great dad!

Thank you! It was definitely a "once in a lifetime" sorta deal very much worth it. I'm very glad everybody has enjoyed reading it too.

Duff

Awesome thread. This and 1eyes thread about his father are the best I’ve ever read here!!