Round up question

ucfireman

I know glyphosate (Roundup) is absorbed through the leaves.
My question is, If I cut a sapling or shrub down to the ground and then spray the stump with roundup, will it kill the roots and prevent it from coming back?

Or should I use something else.
Some are next to trees I don't want harmed and even some food plants (blueberries and such) I don't want any cross contamination to the good plants.

Also does roundup go bad, stored inside and out of the sun in the original container. Probably 10 years old. Room gets maybe 50F and 85F, maybe.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I know glyphosate (Roundup) is absorbed through the leaves.
My question is, If I cut a sapling or shrub down to the ground and then spray the stump with roundup, will it kill the roots and prevent it from coming back?

Or should I use something else.
Some are next to trees I don't want harmed and even some food plants (blueberries and such) I don't want any cross contamination to the good plants.

Also does roundup go bad, stored inside and out of the sun in the original container. Probably 10 years old. Room gets maybe 50F and 85F, maybe.

Full strength gly will kill a cut off sapling.
Search the hack and squirt threads in this forum.

Can’t say about the shelf life of the chemical.

doomtrpr_z71

For a basal app just wipe the stump with it undiluted, is most likely fine, if it's still amber colored and not settled out, roll with it.