Ruger Customer Service

Dr. Strangelove

Wow. I'm impressed. I was at the range yesterday and the extracter on my LCP decided to, well, extract itself along with it's plunger and spring.

I called Ruger a few minutes ago, they offered to either have the pistol shipped to them and fixed, or simply send me the parts, free either way. I went with just having them ship the parts. I was on the phone for 7 minutes and 32 seconds, no hold time at all once I got through the "push this number for this" part of the call.

It's nice to see a company standing behind their products and using US based customer service.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
One of the reasons I chose a Ruger was customer service.

Is yours the first gen1 (has a "-" in the serial number), or the newer/better trigger gen 2 (no dash)? Not speaking about the new LCP II (roman numeral).

The LCP gen 2, of the old style is a tremendous bargain now after the launch of the LCP II. Folks often pass the gen 2 by, due to the issues with the initial LCP, but the gen 2 was improved, and is a fine little shooter. (Again, not speaking about the new LCP II...). Clear as mud ain't it?

A cerakote gold version, #3747, with the Davidson's lifetime replacement warranty above/beyond Ruger's excellent factory warranty, is on sale for $ 179 delivered to your local gun shop from an online retailer.
rug_3747-2T.jpg

Last edited:

GregoryB.

I purchased a used Ruger 77 Years International and it was missing a scope ring screw. They sent me all new screws no questions asked.

Stevie Ray

I've had nothing but great luck and pleasant experiences with Ruger's CS, glad to hear that it's the same for other folks ... say's a lot!

01Foreman400

Staff member
I’ve never used their CS but have always heard good things about it.

Dr. Strangelove

One of the reasons I chose a Ruger was customer service.

Is yours the first gen1 (has a "-" in the serial number), or the newer/better trigger gen 2 (no dash)? Not speaking about the new LCP II (roman numeral).

The LCP gen 2, of the old style is a tremendous bargain now after the launch of the LCP II. Folks often pass the gen 2 by, due to the issues with the initial LCP, but the gen 2 was improved, and is a fine little shooter. (Again, not speaking about the new LCP II...). Clear as mud ain't it?

A cerakote gold version, #3747, with the Davidson's lifetime replacement warranty above/beyond Ruger's excellent factory warranty, is on sale for $ 179 delivered to your local gun shop from an online retailer.
rug_3747-2T.jpg

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was out of town for Mothers' Day weekend. Mine is the LCP 1 with no dash in the serial number made in Mayodan, NC. It's been a solid little pistol, the trigger is really not as bad as one hears, kinda staple-gunny, but for a tiny gun with no safety I'm OK with that. As my grandfather would have said, it's pretty much a "belly gun" anyway.

rosewood