The 2 worst inventions known to man !

leroy

I used to be the TV remote back in the 50s. LOL
Yep but i was in the 70s , and turning the antenna with a pair of vice grips to get a better signal, one turned one stood at open door relaying directions from the person watching the picture lol. Didnt have a rotary till i married and moved out.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
That would have got you kicked to sleep in the parking lot where I work.
New guys with no seniority are expected to keep their mouth shut and do what they are told.
I’m 63 yo getting up and down for me now is hard. Wouldn’t take much now. I couldn’t work on a steel crew either now. Or frame a house in the heat. I’ve never been in parts of the world u have been.
Back in the day I worked in construction and worked to the top running the sites. Was no easy task.
My comment was to a crew leader and a senior leader. They knew it was a joke. Guess they seen the humor.
Guess that was above others.
I put things on selfs for others to use durning the day shift. They are numbered and categorize. I take it out of boxes off pallets. Get rid of boxes and crusher them. Stack the pallets. When done. 3 nights a week.
Day shift gets parts and assembles.
The 2 that asked both been there 20 plus years. Some in other areas a few years. My little world the group of 5 stocking. Maybe 9 months the longest. It’s night work. Pay ain’t great for a man that needs it. It’s easy for me and gives me spending money. Ac in the big building.

Back in my day in construction we had to meet a schedule. Work around the clock. I never really took a break. It’s wasn’t like I was doing the work. I did watch to make sure it was per specks.
All those years I never got kicked to sleep in the parking lot. Or had a object dropped on me. More than once I had to make calls for overtime work. Never took a mans break or lunch. It was a joke to that manager.

Like I said I’m 63 now. Not bad shape. Got arthritis in joints. Would take much for a 20 yo to 40 yo

You have a good day and Thankyou for your service.

Dub

The 2 worst inventions known to man !​

1) Handsfree driving
2) Waterless urinals

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

The 2 worst inventions known to man !​

1) Yankee mindset
2) new yankee neighbors

Dub, he said two things. I think you're up to 5 or 6 now. Can't make up your mind? :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
He's using the Noah rule. He loaded a lot of animals but they were all in pairs.

Which brings up the next question which is what is the priority order of the pairs? :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yankees and housing developments.