elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I seriously doubt UT cares about the fine. I don’t think they ever had any intention of trying to stop them from getting on the field
They're out begging their fans for donations to pay it. I don't care who you are, with a few xceptions, 100K hurts. I guarantee you, the Athletic Dept and the University as a whole care. Could they stop it from happening, I seriously doubt it, whether they wanted to or not.

And on top of all the cash they've had to pony up for coaching staff buyouts and fines for their violations, yeah they really care about the cash IMHO.

OwlRNothing

"SEC" is like the "NFL" apparently.

Way too much control and power, and way too little accountability to those that make them all that money in the first place. I fully expect woke-ism to ruin college football eventually if they don't decide that it's too violent and make it all flag-football first.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
"SEC" is like the "NFL" apparently.

Way too much control and power, and way too little accountability to those that make them all that money in the first place. I fully expect woke-ism to ruin college football eventually if they don't decide that it's too violent and make it all flag-football first.

And let girls play. Oh wait they already have.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
$ 100K is chump change to the Athletic department.
If that's so, why are they begging the fans for it?

Tennessee football tweeted Sunday that it's raising money it says will go toward the purchase of new goalposts.

There's an option for a $16 donation, which is the number of years it had been since the Vols beat rival Alabama; a $52.49 donation, which plays off the final score of the game; and a $1,019.15 donation, which is a nod to the sold-out crowd of 101,915 at Neyland Stadium.
As of midnight Sunday, more than $67,000 had been raised, which is 45% of the goal