Saturday morning hunt

SCDAWG

It was a great morning to be in the woods, except for the wind. Kept switching and swirling. Messed me up on two does early. Around 9 oclock I hear loud grunts behind me. I look back behind me and see the several does moving through the woods with a buck dogging behind them. They were about 100 yards off. I couldn't tell much about him. I blew a few light doe bleats but all the deer disappeared. A few minutes later, I hear something slipping through the woods behind me. I slowly stand up and turn to see a nice 21/2 yr old 8pt. coming my way. He passes by at about ten yards and stops broadside. I'm shaking like a leaf, it always happens. He is very nervous. He is looking around and I slowly start to draw. As I get about half drawn he looks toward me but not at me. I stop, thinking he will see me if I continue to draw. (probably a mistake) He scans the woods underneath me for a second and then his eyes almost pop out of his head as he sees that big blob in the tree. It didn't take him long to figure out he was in the wrong place. He spun around and ran about 20 yards. He started to circle around me when he caught my scent he left like a scalded dog.
It was disappointing , but it sure was fun:)

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I've had a bunch of draws end like that, but I'm usally on the ground though. I swear they hear my heart pound'n and my kness shake'n. It do get ya fired up, don't it ?