Savannah restaurant recommendations?

BBQOutdoors77

My anniversary is coming up and the wife and I are heading to Savannah this year. Can y’all recommend the best fine dining restaurant in the area? Price doesn’t matter. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated ?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Someone may suggest The Pink House. IMO it’s fancy , expensive, and small portions.
You will drop $150 and have to go by the Waffle House on your way back to hotel.

earlthegoat2

Cocos just across the bridge on Tybee

Tubbys on the river (downtown) or Tubbys in Thunderbolt.

Clarys for breakfast

Driftaway Cafe or Castaways in Sandfly are my Sherpa recommendations. (Where the locals go)

The Crab Shack is touristy but worth a look.

That should last you a day or two. Once I did a bang bang between Tubbys and Driftaway And couldn’t move for a day.

The Captains Platter at Crystal Beer Parlor has been the start of many a nights filled with bad decisions.

earlthegoat2

Ok, i would not have made it off the appetizer And salad. If pressed i would take the Ahi tuna or pan seared grouper.

I don’t know if they still have it but there used to be a lunch buffet that was very good.

If your into boutique old school cocktails, Alley Cat Lounge is worth a look. It’s kind of hard to find though even with specific directions.

If you have a sweet tooth like my wife then Lulus Chocolate Bar has some great sweeter tasting drinks and loads of cheesecake and other confections. It has gotten weird on its hours though.

When the wife and I go out on the town we find ourselves going to Lulus and Alley Cat often.

The best coffee I have ever had was at B. Mathews. It’s not even a coffee place, it’s a normal restaurant. It’s gotten hugely popular since I moved here. We used to be able to walk in. Last I heard reservations are 8 or 9 days out. Not high end either. More medium.

Last edited:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Can't remember, I was drankin a lil bit back then . . hold on, maybe I'll havanother one of those flashbacks/ moment of clarity . .
It's Tubby's on River Street. I think there is a fish sammy you loved there.

K80Shooter

We used to go to Pearls Elegant Pelican when we went to Savannah but that was close to 20 years ago.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
We stayed at the River Street Inn and Tubby's was on the street level of the hotel. Went to Tubby's after my boys wedding for drinks and some food before sending them off on their honeymoon. Tubby's.jpgTubby's 2.jpg

earlthegoat2

We used to go to Pearls Elegant Pelican when we went to Savannah but that was close to 20 years ago.

There is a Pearl’s Saltwater Grille down the road from my house. That’s also a Sherpa restaurant. They cater to the older crowd but is good nonetheless.

K80Shooter

There is a Pearl’s Saltwater Grille down the road from my house. That’s also a Sherpa restaurant. They cater to the older crowd but is good nonetheless.

Thats it they have changed the menu and name though. It used to be real good.