Scope rings for Leupold scout scope?

hayseed_theology

I am really leaning towards the Leupold FX-II Scout Rifle Scope 2.5x28mm for the Lever Gun Project. I will be mounting it on a Weaver style rail. I really want it as close to the bore as possible. So my question for everybody using this particular scope is, what rings are you using and how much space is there between the rail and the bell of the scope? Thanks for the help.

tree cutter 08

Hey man how ya been? I had mine mounted on a xs scout rail with medium rings I think. I had a peep sight next to the hammer and left the front sight. I used quick release rings so I could use irons also.

hayseed_theology

Hey man how ya been? I had mine mounted on a xs scout rail with medium rings I think. I had a peep sight next to the hammer and left the front sight. I used quick release rings so I could use irons also.

I been doing alright. How 'bout y'all? I bet all these storms have been keeping you busy.

sloppyboy

I use low qr rings. I dont remember what brand, but they're just 1 inch low qr rings. The scope bell sits very close to the rail. So close that the rubber lens cover won't sit on the scope like its supposed to. That doesn't bother me and I like the scope as close as possible to the bore. My profile pic shows my lever scout set up.