Scopes for muzzleloaders.

Headsortails

The number one responsibility of a hunter is to humane kill the animal. At my age, the only way I can do that is a scope. I will not let my vanity change that fact.

ProlineNSX

Buckshot Hall........ I have the CVA Wolf Magnum .50 I put a fixed BSA 4x32 from Walmart ($24.99) and this outfit is deadly. I love it! I carried this outfit more last year than my old 30.06. 95 grains Tripple Seven loose, and 250 gr. Shockwave....... Can't wait for Saturday! hehe Good luck Everyone!

ProlineNSX

Having a scope on mine, has saved a few button heads. Couldn't tell until I looked thru the scope, I wouldn't hunt without one, for that reason alone. Good Luck.........

Gunpowder

Some of my buddies have the Nikon BDC - the scope must be on the max power for the circles to do as the manufacture claims and even then you need to test with your load/rifle. I use the standard duplex reticle in my Leupold. Sighted 2" high at 100.By using the intersection of the small and large portion of the vertical crosshair makes the round 3" low @ 200 and 8" low @ 250.

jrry

I use a scope on my 6 year old Thompson with no problems and nobody cares. I like it.

GregoryB.

I would be careful buying a cheap scope if you shoot 150gr of powder. I broke 3 cheap scopes in 2 years, they couldn't take the heavy recoil. I dropped down to 100gr and have not had any more issues.

ETK

Gunpowder you are ahead of a lot of folks just by knowing where your gun hits at certain distances.

one hogman

When you get on the " mature " side of 55 a scope really seems like a necessity I won't hunt without one as long as it's legal ,good luck guys to all smokepolers iron and glass sights Goex or Pyrodex, powerbelt, sabot or lead round ball I hope everyone will enjoy being out there as much as I will ,rain or shine shot or no shot remember us hunters need to stick together against the anti's not each other Good Luck and good hunting!!

duke13

When you get on the " mature " side of 55 a scope really seems like a necessity I won't hunt without one as long as it's legal ,good luck guys to all smokepolers iron and glass sights Goex or Pyrodex, powerbelt, sabot or lead round ball I hope everyone will enjoy being out there as much as I will ,rain or shine shot or no shot remember us hunters need to stick together against the anti's not each other Good Luck and good hunting!!

well said hogman!:clap: