Seagrove beach

Big7

The Oracle
Good luck on Seagrove. It's nice down there.

I want to go a little further south down the west coast. My October St. Pete offshore trip got canceled because Florida authorities closed seasons early on most of our target fish due to quotas being met. Suits me because it's really hot and November or December suits me fine.

Anyhoooo... I want to go drive a little south and visit some friends and do some surf and pier fishing- not expecting much but the beauty of saltwater is you never know what might grab your hook.

Last edited:

seachaser

Hit the beach about 630 and had to work to find some sand fleas but I found about 2 dozen and then started fishing. Was real slow till about 9 then 3 pompano and 7 of the biggest ladyfish I have ever caught in the next 45 minutes and then the bite just stopped. Will be driving to Panama City beach to wade fish around the Marriott area. Will post after.

seachaser

Didn’t wake up early enough to drive to Panama City so hit the hwy 331 bridge and turned out to be a good thing.Started out with a wide up ladyfish bite and no trout in the first 1hr. Went under the bridge and got into the trout but they were all just short so after catching 12 to 15 I decided to walk over the bridge and try the other side. This was the right decision because I got into a great bite and 80% were legal the only thing that slowed the bite was the 2 dolphin that kept trying to grab the trout I was reeling in. I would sit and wait 5 to 10 minutes and they would swim off and the as soon as they heard the splashing back they came. Decided to go under the bridge and try the other side and it was even better and redfish were added in but they were all short. Will add it was hot as the heck so left before noon but was very happy with the day. These are the 3 that rode home with me. Think I will hit it there again tomorrow. If your in the big bend stay safe.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpeg
    IMG_0242.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 24

seachaser

Today was another good day with lots of trout and small reds.I did try another area and fishing was the same except I did hook a monster bull red that I fought for about 10 minutes and got a good look at but never got my hands on it.I was completely out gunned with my 3000 vanford and 10 lb braid, fish would definitely been pushing 25 to 30 lbs as I have caught several in this size class before. So far weather has been just fine did have a solid thunderstorm today at noon that sent me home.

seachaser

Well thing took a turn for the worst after storm I guess maybe pressure or high water but today SUCKED!Fished for 4 hrs same place and got 1 redfish that was 12 inches long. Water was definitely higher then normal as the high water marks on the bridge were 1 foot under and there were a ton of big jellyfish that have not been here for the 3 previous days. Have added 2 extra days so i will find them. Hope all are safe.

seachaser

Made the trip to Panama City beach for a wade fishing day and it just reassures my belief that there is no better way to spend a day fishing then chest deep in the water catching a bunch of sea trout.I will add that the water was chest deep but I bring a plastic 2 step stool and fish waist deep and my elbows thanks me. I caught way more then I counted was easily 50 fish. The other thing I do is bring a cheap 2 person inflatable raft that has an anchor and 6 feet of rope on the front so I can take cooler tacklebox and 3 rig poles.

Last edited:

Geffellz18

Couldn’t agree more! Specks are probably my favorite to target. Never wade fished for them though…May have to change that someday when I’m home.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Couldn’t agree more! Specks are probably my favorite to target. Never wade fished for them though…May have to change that someday when I’m home.
Shuffle your feet along the bottom instead of a normal step.

Helps keep you from stepping on stingrays.

seachaser

Well today was different as the quality was much better as I only got 14 but only 1 was not legal also the only thing they would hit was top water baits all the way till 11 when I got out of the water. The bluefish were a problem also as they were smashing the spook but a couple took the spook with them. Here are the 3 that will be frying later. I know you should shuffle but I don’t and knock on wood I haven’t been hit when wading but I have had one get me in the wrist before unhooking a small one and it was a very painful experience. If you get hit get hot water on it as soon as possible and it dissolves the gel on the stinger. These were also Panama City fish I love the bay in panama much better then destin way more fish in my opinion

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 8

jaybirdius

I've started wearing a pfd when wading. Kenny with Doghouse Charters stepped on a catfish while wading and it's dorsal spine punched through his foot. He passed out and if his BIL hadn't seen him go down and saved him, he most likely would've drowned in 3 feet of water in a bay he's fished all his life. I'm old enough now to learn from others misfortunes.

seachaser

Well being the genius I am I decided to try a different place today and was a bad choice. I caught 4 trout all small a couple ladyfish and small snapper. Also thanks for all the dangerous things everyone is bringing up no I’m starting to get scared to leave the condo but I will soldier on and keep fishing. The catfish story sounds crazy and funny thing is today maybe I was paying more attention but saw more rays the normal.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Well being the genius I am I decided to try a different place today and was a bad choice. I caught 4 trout all small a couple ladyfish and small snapper. Also thanks for all the dangerous things everyone is bringing up no I’m starting to get scared to leave the condo but I will soldier on and keep fishing. The catfish story sounds crazy and funny thing is today maybe I was paying more attention but saw more rays the normal.
Nothing to be scared of.
What ever made the wake by your leg was probably harmless.

:bounce:

Latest posts