Secondary Rut Action

Philnlucky

Lots of competition for the second round of does coming in.

Attachments

• RSCN9626.jpg
    RSCN9626.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 148
  • RSCN9666.jpg
    RSCN9666.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 147
  • RSCN9933.jpg
    RSCN9933.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 148
  • RSCN0156.jpg
    RSCN0156.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 144
  • RSCN0157.jpg
    RSCN0157.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN9849.jpg
    DSCN9849.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 133
  • RSCN9877.jpg
    RSCN9877.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 137
  • RSCN9993.jpg
    RSCN9993.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN9897.jpg
    DSCN9897.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN9721.jpg
    DSCN9721.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 151

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Survivor series rut :cool:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You got plenty of groceries to choose from. Almost every one of those is a wall hanger and I wouldn't turn up my nose at any of them.

DynamicDennis

You are only running the protein off season, and not running any corn feeders? Asking because I quit feeders, but I do put out corn when we hunt. Seems like you carry a lot of deer on your property.

godogs57

Phil, had 45 minutes to hunt this evening (Christmas orders on knives keeping me busy) down the road from you. Climbing in my stand I noticed six does coming out on my oats 250 yards away. Five different bucks came out and chased them out of the oats,into the woods. Gone..

The five bucks stayed in my oats for 45 minutes till it got dark and I had to get back to my truck. The bucks all fought the entire time. Some sparring, some serious fighting. It was nuts. On the other side of my field at 410 yards I watched two more bucks and six does. 28 days from my observed rutting/chasing/breeding would put my second rut about the same time Santa comes to visit. It has been graveyard dead on my place, with only the occasional dor, for two plus weeks. Mother Nature flipped the switch back on today. The youngest bucks I saw today were 2 1/2 year old guys….others were older but I was just shooting video this afternoon.

Philnlucky

Phil, had 45 minutes to hunt this evening (Christmas orders on knives keeping me busy) down the road from you. Climbing in my stand I noticed six does coming out on my oats 250 yards away. Five different bucks came out and chased them out of the oats,into the woods. Gone..

The five bucks stayed in my oats for 45 minutes till it got dark and I had to get back to my truck. The bucks all fought the entire time. Some sparring, some serious fighting. It was nuts. On the other side of my field at 410 yards I watched two more bucks and six does. 28 days from my observed rutting/chasing/breeding would put my second rut about the same time Santa comes to visit. It has been graveyard dead on my place, with only the occasional dor, for two plus weeks. Mother Nature flipped the switch back on today. The youngest bucks I saw today were 2 1/2 year old guys….others were older but I was just shooting video this afternoon.
Hank,
Glad you got to see all that action. They started back chasing here last week and are still competing for the does that are cycling in. A lot of the bucks are still looking worn out from the November rut. Great time to be in the deer woods!
Good luck!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Very fine pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful healthy bucks!!!!

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Hank,
Glad you got to see all that action. They started back chasing here last week and are still competing for the does that are cycling in. A lot of the bucks are still looking worn out from the November rut. Great time to be in the deer woods!
Good luck!
These next 3-4 days around Lee should be really good

Jonboater

What do you think your buck to doe ratio is??. I'm guessing real close having that rutt action. Love the Pics!