Seek One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

across the river

I’m just hoping to see the next S1 warrior posted here. I hope they’ll be able to extract him soon. It’s been too long since I’ve seen a sure downtown dominator. A real subdivision stunner! I mean a culdesac king! A brick house bruiser! I can hardly stand the wait!

While we are waiting why don’t you and hillbilly post us picture of some of those country spikes and forkhorns you guys kill that are so tough to hunt.

buckpasser

Well I'm glad somebody is keeping up. I'll check back in another 20 pages or so. Does that sound about right?

I can’t speak for everyone, but my guess is that’s a bit premature. This thing goes in flushes, like weeds in a crop. They get sprayed, die down, and then it gets pretty clean. All it takes is a little rain and the pig weeds and coffee weeds like me come roaring back. I think there’s more good debate ahead and the ground’s not shaded out yet.

buckpasser

While we are waiting why don’t you and hillbilly post us picture of some of those country spikes and forkhorns you guys kill that are so tough to hunt.

I can post kill pics if you’d like, but the deer here are easy to kill. Not as easy as pet deer, but still plenty easy. They walk around and eat, chase, scrape etc. Its like taking candy from a baby. I don’t make any money off mine though, just food and mounts.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
So a group killing “pet” monster deer in the city is causing an influx of people at the gates of your local public land where you tell us the deer are so tough to kill? Gooootcha.

Any time a new angle of hunting is popularized it causes an increase in participation. Duck dynasty and duck hunting, for example. Not sure if swamp people made more folks chase gators. I would assume S1 has inspired a hunter or two to go git after those urban yard deer.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I wish my yard deer were easy to kill. Dang things are vampires. I plant tons of food to feed the heck outta them and still can't get em to show up in daylight.

buckpasser

This is the exact location my boss killed a very decent 6.5 yo 11 point this season. The pic is from yesterday. What are y’all’s thoughts on conducting some RX burns in the S1 locations? I’m thinking it would be every bit as effective to warming them up to the benefits of prescribed fire as their hunting does to promote it. Maybe just start lighting off those green spaces and flower beds. It might promote better browse and bedding. Thoughts?

059983D4-50E2-4A4B-8F01-D0857001421E.jpeg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
This is the exact location my boss killed a very decent 6.5 yo 11 point this season. The pic is from yesterday. What are y’all’s thoughts on conducting some RX burns in the S1 locations? I’m thinking it would be every bit as effective to warming them up to the benefits of prescribed fire as their hunting does to promote it. Maybe just start lighting off those green spaces and flower beds. It might promote better browse and bedding. Thoughts?

View attachment 1130148

It would be a real good way to kill off some invasives.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Pleeeeeease no! This is way more fun than watching Jerry Springer.

OK,OK, OK! I'll be back in about 20 pages and ask again if y'all have had enough or not.:bounce:

buckpasser

My FIL kilt this one off his porch this year. He was fresh off of shoulder surgery and couldn’t climb in his stands. My FIL that is, not the deer. The deer never was one to climb stands as far as we know.

BB849804-9582-4A15-9AE4-5AB295389D76.jpeg

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
So a group killing “pet” monster deer in the city is causing an influx of people at the gates of your local public land where you tell us the deer are so tough to kill? Gooootcha. You guys are hilarious. I guess they are also causing world hunger and suppressing peoples votings rights. While we are tossing all of our own personal hunting problems on them, we might as well blame them for other stuff they have nothing to do with.

It’s not just them it’s all the social media heroes hunting purely for likes and views. They are ruining public land. You clearly haven’t tried to kill a wood duck on a WMA or a turkey on public in GA. If you think overcrowding on public land is my personal problem don’t bother quoting this post. Everyone with an iPhone, Instagram, and YouTube thinks they can go be a star filming their adventures in the wood.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.