Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tight as I can be............lol.. Lake Seminole continues to be very low. Friend said, they chased noodles all morning, the catfish were biting good just below Trails End in the Chattahoochee River. On worms and liver. Another friend said he caught a limit of hybrids near the Indian Mounds.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole continues to be low, stained in some areas near the rivers. Noticed enforcement patrolling the lake this morning. Last seen going up the Chattahoochee River. I was trolling for hybrids, didn't get a bite. So, it was just a great cruise around the lake, To Big Jim"s where we got some great video of a huge gator, then back through Grassy Pond, Hickory Pond and back home in Turkey Pond. Sloppy Joes with Cherokee tomatoes for lunch.

twtabb

Son,
How’s the grass? Are they finished working on it?
Lots of traffic up the creek today mostly surface drives but I did see a nice size toon come if down stream Sunday afternoon.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Son,
How’s the grass? Are they finished working on it?
Lots of traffic up the creek today mostly surface drives but I did see a nice size toon come if down stream Sunday afternoon.
I have yet to see anyone working on the hydrilla or grass around docks. Lake is very low, we can see the stumps again. It was announced that the grass carp would be stocked late May. Don't think so, haven't seen any. Been seeing plenty enforcement patrolling the big lake lately.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole continues to be low, rivers stained from recent rains. I had hail here on the north side of the lake couple days ago. Tornado's passed through some areas. Saw lots of trees down between the lake and Mayhaw Ga. Only had one tree down across a road in my hunting woods. Pulled it out with a chain and truck. Lots of smaller limbs will need removed when we have a nice day. Too darn humid for me to be working outside at my age.

Attachments

• down limbs.jpg
    down limbs.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Buck A.jpg
    Buck A.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 15

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is up about a foot from what it was yesterday. Rivers are stained. Best water to fish for me will be behind the grass, away from the open water. usually remains fairly clear in those areas. Just had a rain at 4:30 PM with more light coming for a spell. I still haven't seen anyone spraying the hydrilla, or doing anything to the vegetation. Haven't seen any evidence of the white amura being stocked either. Grass carp. At the dock checking the boat, saw a huge mud fish swim by. Cypress Bass for Northerners. Bowfin for some, but they are mud fish to me.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Storms again at Lake Seminole this morning. Scratch fishing today.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yes, it's been some bad weather. Hail ruined some of the tomato plants, and the beans. Too much water is ruining the cucumbers and squash. Guess I should have planted rice.

billy336

Lake Seminole is up about a foot from what it was yesterday. Rivers are stained. Best water to fish for me will be behind the grass, away from the open water. usually remains fairly clear in those areas. Just had a rain at 4:30 PM with more light coming for a spell. I still haven't seen anyone spraying the hydrilla, or doing anything to the vegetation. Haven't seen any evidence of the white amura being stocked either. Grass carp. At the dock checking the boat, saw a huge mud fish swim by. Cypress Bass for Northerners. Bowfin for some, but they are mud fish to me.

Chupik is what we call them, dad was from south LA, guess that’s the Cajun name

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thought about fishing, but went and planted food plots instead. Our woods in Miller and Early counties Ga are wet, water flowing now. All coming down the creeks to Lake Seminole.

Attachments

• Egret.jpg
    Egret.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 6

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole if up, almost to normal. Means I would need to put the top down on the pontoon boat to go under the bridge to Sealy's island. Weather isn't friendly today, hot, humid, and sprinkling now and then. Bet the big lake is stained, the rivers look like coffee with cream.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
More water headed your way, Son. It`s been raining hard up here since before daybreak.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
More water headed your way, Son. It`s been raining hard up here since before daybreak.
Had one short rain already today. Hear thunder now, radar shows it's coming. Rain every day it seems, ruined my garden with hail twice. Lake Seminole is up, rivers muddy.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Took the pontoon for a cruise today. From Cypress Pond area to Big Jim's and back. Did not see many boats out on the water this afternoon. But I can tell y'all one thing. Hydrilla has taken over Grassy Pond and many other areas we passed by. Didn't fish, didn't feel like cleaning fish today. But I did spot some nice shellcrackers on sandy bottoms here and there. Lake is up some, but not back to normal. Big lake is stained, Spring Creek was slightly stained, looked smoky.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Checked out our cabin Friday and the hydrilla and lily pads were gone around the dock, boathouse, and all the way out to the channel. Surprised me because I haven`t seen it that clean in many years.