Shortages likely to continue into 2022

Ray357

AWOL
What this is.....is one of those lessons in life. Taught by a tough teacher...reality. Nobody anticipated getting caught short on supplies. In fact, we probably didn’t view our inventory as low until the shortage was upon us and we were forced to look at it from a different angle. There probably aren’t many that think they’re all good for as long as they will ever need. For those that are, I commend you and won’t be one of those that think you need to make your inventory available to others.....it’s yours. Some are certainly hurting more than other. I’ve reduced my shooting a fair amount, mostly test loads and not real practice or pleasure shooting. I‘m good with powders for the time being as well as most primers. I’d sure like to score some additional standard SP and LP as well as a few more LRM, but I don’t expect that happening anytime soon.
So, however all manage to get through this (assuming it ends), let’s make sure we remember this lesson and stock up when we can.
You can only stock up so much. Can't stock up for an indefinite lack of supply.

bullgator

Sure you can....all it takes is plenty of storage space.......and money! :O

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Silly statement without defining parameters. Depending on persons age and if frequent shooter, number of calibers shot, it’s easy to stock a lifetime of ammo.

FlipKing

Ive doubled or tripled my stash in the last year. Bought new calibers too. I have not paid more than 0.50 a rd for fmj 9mm. High but not as high as thr market. It takes work though. Lots of academy stops, checking several websites and companies frequently, etc. I'm better off than I was but not as good as I'd like to be.

Mark R

whatever the problem is or is not . where the problem is or aint . Now one thing for sure is that the majority of the american ammo manufacturing is under one thumb . And that aint good from the record i see

bullgator

Shooting like I shot pre panic. I guess I averaged 1000 rounds a week total. That's shotgun, rifle, and pistol combined. You just can't realistically stockpile enough to cover that demand.
Dang man, your living the good life! :cheers:

ucfireman

Ive doubled or tripled my stash in the last year. Bought new calibers too. I have not paid more than 0.50 a rd for fmj 9mm. High but not as high as thr market. It takes work though. Lots of academy stops, checking several websites and companies frequently, etc. I'm better off than I was but not as good as I'd like to be.

With the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle running to academy numerous times, not to mention your time, you are WAY over 0.50/round.
Kind of like deer hunting when you factor in all costs.
But good for you for buying.
I have not been able to find the calibers I need/want. .35rem for hunting and .40sw for handguns. The .40 is there in places but I'm not spending 0.80 a round, last I saw.
Got plenty of 556 223 but I'm not shooting because I cant replace it.

FlipKing

Eh most times I'm going right by Academy anyway so its not out of the way. Watching outdoor trader is a hobby anyway. Lol The other websites just take a little extra time/effort. When I see people begging for a box to site in their hunting rifle etc, and having peace or mind to go hog hunt or shoot whenever I want, its well worth it. I need to get my 6.5 stock up. My .308 is pretty solid. It also helps that I try to stay in the a few select calibers. In my experience .270 has been one of the more difficult finds.

Dub

I know a LOT of people who burned their ENTIRE stimulus check on overpriced ammo. So stupid.

If I'd received a stimulus check I would've rolled it right into guns, scopes, components, ammo and such.

I'm hoping every legal citizen in the country will buy up some shiny new guns. Keep the demand for ammo pressing onward....encourage the ammo manufacturers through confidence in the buying & voting power of the American citizen.

The politicians will be forced to follow the will of the People.......we simply need all the legal people to buy more guns...and feed them....get some training....enjoy range time....get into hunting.....etc.