Shot a Buck today with no blood trail

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Just remember aim low that way if the deer drops you are still good , it's better to miss low than to hit high in no man's land. the lower the shot the better chance of having a good blood trail high shots takes longer for the body cavity to fill especially if your hunting on the ground because you are shooting level and not from a tree stand where you have a higher entrance and a lower exit but even with all that said if you hunt long enough it's going to happen we just have to do our best every time but good luck in the future. keep at it it will come.
This^^^ is what I’m trying soak in right now and hope to execute at my next opportunity…..thanks!

I’ve been reliving your story in my mind and it really hits home. Been there done that, like most of the guys here who’ve been at it a while. Like you, I’m new to all this too…..maybe 4 or 5 years? I’ve slung 3 arrows and have 1 deer to show for it, and even that one was a crazy mess! Last February I had shoulder surgery, recovered/rehabilitated and have been practicing an enormous amount! I know I’m a better archer than I was before surgery by far, but I still haven’t slung an arrow this year.……yet!
Deer hunting is HARD! Especially with the bow! I don’t care what anyone says, it is an achievement to kill a deer with a bow! However, Some folks are a lot better than others, have a lot more deer or other circumstances that may ease the challenge. I personally found this to be true in Kentucky where I was sitting in amazing places with lots of deer. I can think of at least 5 times I had gimme chips shots last week, but they were all yearlings or forkies and I let them walk. I even drew back twice, then let down Without ever getting busted! Maybe the best one was rattling in from the ground a forky that I believe I could have shot with the bow, but had the gun so I had to let him walk too! It’s crazy fun when there are lots of opportunities!!
I know the dreaded feelings you have been going through. But if it were easy, it wouldn’t be much fun. There is no success without failure trying to prevent it. I try to take something good out of Every situation, no matter how bad it is. You got to sling your first arrow at a live deer and I KNOW that was a RUSH! Let that soak in! Keep practicing, keep your shooting confidence up and BE Excited for the next one! BTW-we are in the same boat:rockon:

This^^^ is what I’m trying soak in right now and hope to execute at my next opportunity…..thanks!

I’ve been reliving your story in my mind and it really hits home. Been there done that, like most of the guys here who’ve been at it a while. Like you, I’m new to all this too…..maybe 4 or 5 years? I’ve slung 3 arrows and have 1 deer to show for it, and even that one was a crazy mess! Last February I had shoulder surgery, recovered/rehabilitated and have been practicing an enormous amount! I know I’m a better archer than I was before surgery by far, but I still haven’t slung an arrow this year.……yet!
Deer hunting is HARD! Especially with the bow! I don’t care what anyone says, it is an achievement to kill a deer with a bow! However, Some folks are a lot better than others, have a lot more deer or other circumstances that may ease the challenge. I personally found this to be true in Kentucky where I was sitting in amazing places with lots of deer. I can think of at least 5 times I had gimme chips shots last week, but they were all yearlings or forkies and I let them walk. I even drew back twice, then let down Without ever getting busted! Maybe the best one was rattling in from the ground a forky that I believe I could have shot with the bow, but had the gun so I had to let him walk too! It’s crazy fun when there are lots of opportunities!!
I know the dreaded feelings you have been going through. But if it were easy, it wouldn’t be much fun. There is no success without failure trying to prevent it. I try to take something good out of Every situation, no matter how bad it is. You got to sling your first arrow at a live deer and I KNOW that was a RUSH! Let that soak in! Keep practicing, keep your shooting confidence up and BE Excited for the next one! BTW-we are in the same boat:rockon:

shia-la-beouf-clapping.gif