Slow trapping

dfurdennis

We set the trap up a few weeks ago in an area I didn't like but it was a club decision and it's been non productive....they didn't listen to the guy that has been predator trapping the property all winter go figure. Anyways we have a group of guys bringing hog dogs to the property this weekend as long as they don't cancel. So there may be the potential to come get some hogs for anyone who wants them....several guys have reached out and told me they wanted some. Follow or watch this post so you get notifications as I update the post. I will let you know for sure if they are coming and will post as we kill. PM me as the day progresses Sat and let me know if your coming to get one and we will hook you up we are in Lamar county near High Falls.

dfurdennis

Actually had a large group of hogs show up last night but only a few went in so we let them walk. Headed down after work to bait heavy so we should be dropping the gate on them tonight or tomorrow night I will post it if we drop the gate and can coordinate pick up of a few dead hogs if anyone wants some. Some are perfect eatn size some are bigger but there were about a dozen roaming around.

Attachments

• 20220316221921.JPEG
    20220316221921.JPEG
    138.9 KB · Views: 37
Looks like that same group I had coming in last month. Been hunting just down the river from yall's club. They would show up about every 3-4 nights. Couldn't get them to stick around.

Anyways, hope you get'm. I pulled my stuff a couple weeks ago. Hopefully moving on to greener pastures with better deer hunting and more hogs.

dfurdennis

Anyways, hope you get'm. I pulled my stuff a couple weeks ago. Hopefully moving on to greener pastures with better deer hunting and more hogs.
We seem to be improving greatly with our deer herd since we started. Hog trapping and trapping the predators, deer herd has improved every year consistently for the past 3 years. Started an 8pt rule as well and the bucks are starting to get pretty nice

I met your club prez and a couple of your members. Nice people. Weird driving up in a club by yourself but I thought WTH. Told me I missed it by a month or so. Thought I was getting a early start.

dfurdennis

I met your club prez and a couple of your members. Nice people. Weird driving up in a club by yourself but I thought WTH. Told me I missed it by a month or so. Thought I was getting a early start.
Keep in touch this upcoming season, I will let you know when the next club meeting is and you can check the place out

dfurdennis

Guys with the dogs canceled so I'm hunting tonight hopefully see some had a few more show up at the trap last night a few went in....not the same ones as the night before