Smith&Wesson what?

GunnSmokeer

Is that a K-Frame gun, with a 4" barrel?

I'm having a hard time reconciling the fancy target front sight with the fact that it is a "round butt" model. Most round-butt guns were made for concealed carry.

Measure the dimensions of the opening in the frame into which the cylinder would go. Here's what a k-frame would be, at least for a modern 357 magnum revolver (measurements taken from a model 19 dash 3).

Window height 1.48 inches.

Frame "window" length: 1.8 inches.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Are the last letters on the barrel CTG? All I can find is Military & Police issue from 1915-WWII...later becoming the 10

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
U.S. Military officer side arm until they phased them out in favor of the 1911 .45.

Reactions: Dub

GunnSmokeer

Two additional pics we could use:

1-- Close up of the rear sight. I don't know what type of rear sight arrangement this revolver has.

2-- The outside of the side plate showing whatever markings or emblems may be stamped on it.

killerv

late teens m&p with some jacklegged front sight someone installed. Serial has it around 1917-18ish I think.

killerv

Two additional pics we could use:

1-- Close up of the rear sight. I don't know what type of rear sight arrangement this revolver has.

2-- The outside of the side plate showing whatever markings or emblems may be stamped on it.

a lot of the late teen smiths were shipped without the smith logo