Smokin' Sunday.......join in if you'd like...but bring a fan

Dub

By smokin'.........I don't mean the fun stuff involving hickory splits and such.

The kitchen here is a smoke filled haze....but it's gonna be just fine.

Ran a skillet up to "superhot" on the stove and dropped in a couple ribeyes that have been soaking in Paymaster steak recipe goodness overnight.

Amazing aroma from those steaks.

A pair of "everything-in" salads.

Join in with your own eats if you'd like.

GA1dad

Steak and sweet tater,,, be still my beatin' heart!!

Dub

Fit for a king, Dub!

Thanks.

Ate way too much today.....been eating like it was a holiday weekend for a week now....gonna taper off and get back to the light workday meals coffee & protein shakes for breakfast, salad or sammich for lunch....reasonable dinners.

Going the wrong direction during COVID-19 time off.

Took time to walk the dogs today. One of them was all for it.....the other liked the idea more than the actual...she slowed it on down shortly into it. Old gal was ready to go back home and guard her spot on the sofa. :rofl:

Steak and sweet tater,,, be still my beatin' heart!!

It's been a long time coming on a steak. Can't remember the last one. I ruined the sweet potato with butter and some Tajin seasoning. It was turrable....so bad in fact that when my wife saw the commotion I was making tearing into it....she hit her's with butter & Tajin seasoning. She said...and I quote, "Why have you been hiding this seasoning from me ? It is awesome".

I told her the truth....and that was the cinnamon was nowhere to be found. It has vanished. I think my son was cooking something the other day.......

The Tajin seemed to be worth a shot since the cinnamon was MIA. Bamsucka...a new People's Champion has been crowned on sweet potatoes. :rofl:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Steak looks delicious , and we love some sweet potatoes around my house , have to try your seasoning on one , I grilled some chicken thighs a couple days ago and decided on salads tonight to get rid of chicken , it was delicious , my daughter has brownies in the oven , just started smelling them 1ACCB381-DA61-44C3-BCB6-9CEDE08A750E.jpeg

pop pop jones

It's always a good day for steaks. You found the best way to clean out some chicken

Reactions: Dub

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
By smokin'.........I don't mean the fun stuff involving hickory splits and such.

The kitchen here is a smoke filled haze....but it's gonna be just fine.

Ran a skillet up to "superhot" on the stove and dropped in a couple ribeyes that have been soaking in Paymaster steak recipe goodness overnight.

Amazing aroma from those steaks.

A pair of "everything-in" salads.

Join in with your own eats if you'd like.
Oh yeah!!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Steak looks delicious , and we love some sweet potatoes around my house , have to try your seasoning on one , I grilled some chicken thighs a couple days ago and decided on salads tonight to get rid of chicken , it was delicious , my daughter has brownies in the oven , just started smelling them View attachment 1011020

Good lookin grub!!

GA1dad

Thanks.
It's been a long time coming on a steak. Can't remember the last one. I ruined the sweet potato with butter and some Tajin seasoning. It was turrable....so bad in fact that when my wife saw the commotion I was making tearing into it....she hit her's with butter & Tajin seasoning. She said...and I quote, "Why have you been hiding this seasoning from me ? It is awesome".

I told her the truth....and that was the cinnamon was nowhere to be found. It has vanished. I think my son was cooking something the other day.......

The Tajin seemed to be worth a shot since the cinnamon was MIA. Bamsucka...a new People's Champion has been crowned on sweet potatoes. :rofl:

If I can remember, I will try that on my next sweet tater. I like the Tajin on fresh orange slices,, but never ate it on anything else.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking eats, y'all!

TJay

Thanks.

Ate way too much today.....been eating like it was a holiday weekend for a week now....gonna taper off and get back to the light workday meals coffee & protein shakes for breakfast, salad or sammich for lunch....reasonable dinners.

Going the wrong direction during COVID-19 time off.

Took time to walk the dogs today. One of them was all for it.....the other liked the idea more than the actual...she slowed it on down shortly into it. Old gal was ready to go back home and guard her spot on the sofa. :rofl:

I will try the Tajin as I love backed sweet potatos. And a tip o the hat to Dub for turning me on to Tostitos Avacado salsa. I've gone thru two jars since I saw your post mentioning it.

Dub

I will try the Tajin as I love backed sweet potatos. And a tip o the hat to Dub for turning me on to Tostitos Avacado salsa. I've gone thru two jars since I saw your post mentioning it.

I'm glad you like it, man. It's a sho'nuff staple around here now. Very timely that you mentioned it as we had more for diner tonight.

Tacos Tuesday...on Monday. :rofl:

The virus had me messed and cut me off from my normal spot and I bought a substitute made by "On The Border". It's nothing like the good Tostino's version.

It's really thin and flavor is very different. It does have a nice dose of jalapeño in it. It's the one in the middle of the pic.

The Tostino's version is the ticket. Love it.

Now.....that other stuff on the far left, tomatillo stuff....was a substitute made by the folks picking the online shopping order....I've yet to try it.

TJay

I'm glad you like it, man. It's a sho'nuff staple around here now. Very timely that you mentioned it as we had more for diner tonight.

Tacos Tuesday...on Monday. :rofl:

The virus had me messed and cut me off from my normal spot and I bought a substitute made by "On The Border". It's nothing like the good Tostino's version.

It's really thin and flavor is very different. It does have a nice dose of jalapeño in it. It's the one in the middle of the pic.

The Tostino's version is the ticket. Love it.

Now.....that other stuff on the far left, tomatillo stuff....was a substitute made by the folks picking the online shopping order....I've yet to try it.

I tried the Herdez version before I found the Tostitos. More of tomatillo flavor, not bad but not near as good as tostitos. I bought some Tajin today and will try it on wings in the next few days!

Latest posts