**** Snake ****

CPiper

Ever seen one of these whilest you'st was huntin deers??
diamondback1.jpg

This is a Diamond back rattler, found in the ACE Basin.
:hair:

GA_Longhorn

If God had meant for those things to be picked up....He would have put a different kind of "handle" on them.

I'd have to choke him with some "heel dust"

Matt.M

If anyone believes that is a real snake, I have some land you really need to buy........

CPiper

That is a real snake ... the handler's name is Heyward Clamp, co-owner of the Edisto Island Serpentarium.

Here is a link to their web site ... call him and ask him if its real or not. ;)
http://www.edistoserpentarium.com/home.htm

Slayer

It's obvious that Matt.M has never spent much time in extreme south Ga. or ever had the opportunity to visit one of the "rattlesnake" roundups in Wiggum ga.

they do get that big!!!!!!

thats not the "average" size, but there are the rare Snake-zillas specimens that reach that size......seen way to many of them critters growing up in the Hahira/Valdosta area

Snakeman

I thought that looked like Heyward. I haven't seen him since I left Charleston, several years ago.

Good pic, CPiper. Did you take it yourself?

The Snakeman

CPiper

Negative, I didnt take the pic. It is on their web site.
We were discussing snakes on another BB and someone posted it.

Check these out!
289105.jpg

289106.jpg

289107.jpg

289109.jpg

289111.jpg

Kangaroo ..... its whats for dinner.

H

HT2

Good Gosh!!!!!!!!!

AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I DON'T LIKE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that is just plain "GROSS"!!!!!!!!!!!! ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

HuntinRebel3

I remember a picture that circulated back when I was in High School in the 80s. It was supposedly taken in Vidalia and had a big black feller holding up a stump that had been pulled outta the ground with a huge diamondback laying over it. Article said it was 11 ft. long and weighed over 35 lbs. Anyone else ever recall seeing this picture? Way before digitally enhancing pictures was around.

That is HUGE snake!!!!!! :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair:

Woodsman

88, 89 ............

HuntinRebel3 said:
I remember a picture that circulated back when I was in High School in the 80s. It was supposedly taken in Vidalia and had a big black feller holding up a stump that had been pulled outta the ground with a huge diamondback laying over it. Article said it was 11 ft. long and weighed over 35 lbs. Anyone else ever recall seeing this picture? Way before digitally enhancing pictures was around.

I was doing some work around Jackson Lake Ga. We went to the local store on Hwy 212 and there was an news paper clipping hanging on the "Trophy Board". It showed a black man holding up a big rattler. The story said it was over ten feet in length. :hair: :hair: That was the biggist snake!! Man it looked scary. The store is at 212 an 11 just down from the Turtle Cove area of Jackson Lake.

Snakeman

HuntinRebel3 said:

That picture has been circulating (that I know of) since the '70's. I remember seeing it in Lott's Hardware in Douglas during the early to mid '70's.

The Snakeman

Racor

that's a big snake! :hair:

I bet that kangaroo was hopping mad! Guess he couldnt bounce back after that one!

HuntinRebel3

Well I'm glad someone else saw it too! I just remember it being a HUGE rattler. The head on that sucker had to be as big around as a coffee can!

Matt.M

I stand corrected. With his left boot, it looked a little PhotoChopped.

I definitely haven't seen one that large; and hopefully won't ever walking to the deer stand before sunrise.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have a poor copy of the news paper clipping. It said 11 feet and 86 pounds. I'll try to post it tomorrow.
Joe

Latest posts