Snowy Day Trout Fishing

jbogg

That’s good stuff! Killerkyle is like a dog with a bone sometimes. I’m glad you manned up so there was no need for the dreaded P word.

Old Yapper

Sooo... THE Killer Kyle texted the other day asking about slipping off on Friday to catch a few specks and bows. I told Kyle its supposed to snow, perhaps we should go squirrel hunting so we don't have to wade the creek in the cold. Kyle stated he wanted to go fishing. I again countered, but took a different approach by suggesting the possibility of going to the Unicoi custom turkey call show, so, you know, we wouldn't have to wade a cold creek in the snow near Georgia's highest elevations... Kyle, this time with a meaner tone, responded more affirmatively and said that WE are going fishing today. Faced with the dilemma of getting called a name that starts with "P" or spending a day without feeling my toes, I chose the latter. Im glad I did, we had an epic day catching native trout in the snow at a little ol' creek on the north side we've been known to visit from time to time when we feel the mood...View attachment 1059419

View attachment 1059420View attachment 1059421View attachment 1059422View attachment 1059424View attachment 1059425View attachment 1059426View attachment 1059427
GREAT posting!
Can you tell me please what "slipping off" to go fishing means?
I've fished in Georgia for 70 years and that's a new one on me.

Buckman18

GREAT posting!
Can you tell me please what "slipping off" to go fishing means?
I've fished in Georgia for 70 years and that's a new one on me.

"Slipping off" is Appalachian for "We had a few hours to go fishing without any negative consequences, and we didn't necessarily seek the approval of others - we wanted to go and went."