Some Recent Eats

ryork

Some breakfast on the Blackstone, the hash browns were the star of that effort. A London Broil, asparagus and mashed garlic parmesan taters. I like to cool those to dang near charred on the outside and rare on the inside, I overcooked that one a little.

Tonight, I grilled some thick pork chops. Cooked up some cabbage from the back yard that survived the deep freeze a week or so ago with some shallot, chicken stock, w'shire, sugar and apple cider vinegar. That sauce is a chili-cranberry-pecan sauce..... Took some pecan oil, garlic, cranberry-chili jelly, chicken stock and w'shire sauce and reduced it all down. No cream involved with this one PopPopJones!

Lastly some pork butt, sprouts and doctored up smoked baked beans.

11-26 (2).jpg11-26 (3).jpg11-26 (1).jpg11-26 (8).jpg11-26 (4).jpg11-26 (5).jpg11-26 (6).jpg11-26 (7).jpg11-26 (9).jpg11-26 (10).jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
You know all of that was good!

ryork

Any cooking tips for the London broil???Great looking food you are cranking

Thanks! London Broil is the one cut of beef I do like to marinate, so whatever you like in that realm. I like putting a good spice rub of some kind on mine, i particularly like something with coffee and cumin in it. The key to it is getting the grill extremely hot and searing it on the outside while leaving it rare (or whatever you like) on the inside. Then the next important step is to cut it against the grain otherwise it will be tough. I like to serve it with horseradish.

pop pop jones

Some breakfast on the Blackstone, the hash browns were the star of that effort. A London Broil, asparagus and mashed garlic parmesan taters. I like to cool those to dang near charred on the outside and rare on the inside, I overcooked that one a little.

Tonight, I grilled some thick pork chops. Cooked up some cabbage from the back yard that survived the deep freeze a week or so ago with some shallot, chicken stock, w'shire, sugar and apple cider vinegar. That sauce is a chili-cranberry-pecan sauce..... Took some pecan oil, garlic, cranberry-chili jelly, chicken stock and w'shire sauce and reduced it all down. No cream involved with this one PopPopJones!

View attachment 992921View attachment 992922View attachment 992923View attachment 992924View attachment 992925View attachment 992927View attachment 992928View attachment 992929View attachment 992930View attachment 992931
Oh man, that pork chop, looked like it was begging for a shot of, heave cream.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man alive! Absolutely top-shelf eats, as always! :cheers:

That reminds me, I haven't cooked a London Broil in awhile. Craving flung. I like mine just like you describe. Red wine is good in the marinade, too.

ryork

Man alive! Absolutely top-shelf eats, as always! :cheers:

That reminds me, I haven't cooked a London Broil in awhile. Craving flung. I like mine just like you describe. Red wine is good in the marinade, too.

Thanks!! Yeah red wine with a little balsamic vinegar and a bunch of garlic works well! I think some vinegar and maybe a little lemon juice helps to tenderize too.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member

View attachment 992921View attachment 992922View attachment 992923View attachment 992924View attachment 992925View attachment 992927View attachment 992928View attachment 992929View attachment 992930View attachment 992931

Awesomeness in every pic!!!! Wow!!!!