Sore-Planted 2 acre food plot with yard spreader!

Buckbuster69

Well, I sold my Massey Ferguson last year and haven't got another tractor yet so this year I borrow a ATV king kutter harrow from a friend to use to go over plot after putting another round of fertilizer on my existing Iron clay peas & soybeans that were about 12-14 inches high except the ones nipped off. So I only have a 50lb max yard spreader to sling out 300lbs of fertilizer, 100lbs of buck forage oats, 100lbs of Winter wheat, 50 lbs of Austrailan Winter peas, and 5lbs of purple top turnips and ladino clover mix. Let me tell you, I am one sore dude walking that 2 acres for 3.5 hrs trying to get all that seed out, then getting harrow hooked up and going over the plot. I got back home, got a shower and drinked some Ice Cold Beverages and it was lights out. Man at the things we do to live the deer hunting dream!! Now let the rain gods do their magic and give me a good rain once a week and there will be a freezer full of meat and hopefully a Trophy to add to the collection!

hoppie

Well, I sold my Massey Ferguson last year and haven't got another tractor yet so this year I borrow a ATV king kutter harrow from a friend to use to go over plot after putting another round of fertilizer on my existing Iron clay peas & soybeans that were about 12-14 inches high except the ones nipped off. So I only have a 50lb max yard spreader to sling out 300lbs of fertilizer, 100lbs of buck forage oats, 100lbs of Winter wheat, 50 lbs of Austrailan Winter peas, and 5lbs of purple top turnips and ladino clover mix. Let me tell you, I am one sore dude walking that 2 acres for 3.5 hrs trying to get all that seed out, then getting harrow hooked up and going over the plot. I got back home, got a shower and drinked some Ice Cold Beverages and it was lights out. Man at the things we do to live the deer hunting dream!! Now let the rain gods do their magic and give me a good rain once a week and there will be a freezer full of meat and hopefully a Trophy to add to the collection!

My lower back is killing me for the exact same reason. Did on Friday and it is in full force right now.

Buckbuster69

I didn't want to spend 150 bucks on a ATV spreader knowing I am going to buy another tractor this spring so I made use of what I had and it worked great, it just about killed me with the manual labor but hopefully God will bless my efforts with a great deer season.