South Africa 2013

Big7

The Oracle
If you don't want to post.. PLEASE PM me with an approximate cost.

I'm gonna do Alaska and Africa before I get to old.

Ps.. A PM to me is a PM! I'll take it to my grave.

That must have been a heck of a trip.

I could see me doing that just by reading your post!!

PURVIS

Darrell that's a great story of what anyone would think to be the hunt of a life time u should be proud of yourself for being successful enough in life to afford such a hunt.how about posting some photos of that 475?it looks like a premier grade model 83 and if i had to guess it ant straight out of the box i'm sure theres more on here than me who would like a closer look at a custom big game handgun i'm sure your proud of how well it preformed for u.

Razor Blade

Darrell , that looks like it was a great hunt. I am glad you had a good time. Those hunts just don't come along everyday. Thanks for posting the pics and sharing the stories with us. Makes you feel like we were almost there. Congrats on a hunt of a life time sir. Scott

Darrell H

Big7, if you don't mind just visit Kei River Safari's website. Prices are listed on the website and this should get you in the ballpark. If you combine several species you should be able to get a "package deal". I negotiated my deal over 2 years ago so I'm sure prices have changed. If you give Wade a call, he can give you current "package pricing".

Purvis, you are correct my .475 Linebaugh is a premier grade model 83. I special ordered it from the factory a few years back. It shoots the 400 grain WFN/2400 load very well. I don't currently have any photos of it but I'll try to put some up.

Here are some before and after photos of the 454 Casull. I bought the 454 Casull "used" on gunbroker. It was a 7.5" Field Grade with Pachmayr grips, SSK TSOB and a HUGE Burris scope.
wm_2201644_zps464b9846.jpg

I sent it to Freedom Arms for a few customizations including chopping the barrel to 6", action job, black micarta grips, and an extra .45 Colt cylinder. I also purchased a mount for the Trijicon RMR red dot sight. It shoots my 325 grain A-frame and 335 grain cast loads well. Here is a cylinder full of 325 grain A-frames at 60 yards:
100_0948_zps4c128a8b.jpg

Thanks again guys I appreciate your comments!

Last edited: