Southern Georgia Hog Club/Lease?

Me and a buddy are looking for some private land to hog hunt in South Georgia. We are both active duty military, experienced hunters, and responsible adults. We are open to clubs and leases and will be travelling from Kings Bay and Savannah, so anything within a 2 hour drive of either of those works. Primarily interested in hogs, but open to deer and turkey as well if available. Please let me know if you are aware of anything available. Thank you.

Mexican Squealer

My lease is close to Sav and our Sav river tract is loaded with hogs. We don’t have a hog only membership though. Just across the river from Clyo. See ad in out of state leases...plantation hunt club

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Planning to hunt there as well!

I have not heard of a "hog hunting" lease in these parts in a long time.

Used to be that once in awhile on the big (10-20-30k acre) leases of old, "hoggin' rights" could be leased from the close of deer season thru about July at a reduced rate.

Nowadays, you probably gonna have to try and join a club at full rate and hunt hogs if you want to, along with everything else.

earlthegoat2

These threads crop up a lot and they are often met with crickets.

On the surface, I get it. Hogs are pests that hurt the deer and turkey populations. Get in at a hunt club with reduced rates and dont hunt during deer or turkey season. Sounds like a win-win for everyone. I wouldnt mind it myself even since I seem to own the only hog free acreage in Washington County.

Somewhere along the way, folks determined they would rather deal with the hogs than the hunters.

Most hunt club bureaucracies can hardly deal with their own members (and vice versa) let alone a few hoggers and likely have more than a bit of bad experience with the like in the past.

I was leasing a tract in Ware Co years ago and often I saw nice sounders milling around on the Rayonier property next door. I made about a dozen calls until I was given the number of a guy who was leasing that (or managing the lease) tract and asked if I could shoot a hog or two. I said I would shoot them from my side of the property line and only enter his side to retrieve a kill. I figured this would be agreeable since this way I would not be roaming around his hunting lease. I made mention I was leasing the neighboring property as well so as not to seem as though I was totally free-loading. (though I am sure from his perspective, I completely was) He adamantly said no. Well, I tried. They were not that important to me but I figured I would be doing them a favor.

Eventually some hogs came within range on my side of the line but those hogs loved it 50 yds away on the other side.

These threads crop up a lot and they are often met with crickets.

On the surface, I get it. Hogs are pests that hurt the deer and turkey populations. Get in at a hunt club with reduced rates and dont hunt during deer or turkey season. Sounds like a win-win for everyone. I wouldnt mind it myself even since I seem to own the only hog free acreage in Washington County.

Somewhere along the way, folks determined they would rather deal with the hogs than the hunters.

Most hunt club bureaucracies can hardly deal with their own members (and vice versa) let alone a few hoggers and likely have more than a bit of bad experience with the like in the past.

I was leasing a tract in Ware Co years ago and often I saw nice sounders milling around on the Rayonier property next door. I made about a dozen calls until I was given the number of a guy who was leasing that (or managing the lease) tract and asked if I could shoot a hog or two. I said I would shoot them from my side of the property line and only enter his side to retrieve a kill. I figured this would be agreeable since this way I would not be roaming around his hunting lease. I made mention I was leasing the neighboring property as well so as not to seem as though I was totally free-loading. (though I am sure from his perspective, I completely was) He adamantly said no. Well, I tried. They were not that important to me but I figured I would be doing them a favor.

Eventually some hogs came within range on my side of the line but those hogs loved it 50 yds away on the other side.

Ya never know if you don't ask