Special day!

buckpasser

Like a few others successful parents here, I was able to sit by my son today and watch him take his first long beard. He took a Jake at age 7, but we have been through a lot since then, and that helped make today even sweeter.

Last year he told me he was done with ground blind hunting and wanted to only “run and gun” like me from now on. Turns out, he’s pretty good at it. He did his part well (sat still, kept quiet, walked very sneakily, etc) but only got to hear some gobbling and kelking at close range this morning. We saw the breeding flock on the way out, but vowed to come back tomorrow instead of putting any pressure on them.

As we traveled home I suggested we check another spot. It was a pretty sweet deal that basically involved us crawling into an outside corner and yelping up an aggressive hen in about 2 minutes. The Jakes came close behind and a beautiful strutting Tom swung wide at about 25 yards offering a perfect shot opportunity for my hunting buddy. He’s super thankful and feeling confident in leaving the blind in the shed! My daughter is up next.

48153CF4-839E-4B77-9CDE-BDA9CCAE3F8D.jpegAE682017-85D2-43C1-813B-FBCA77D0C08B.jpeg

six

Well done. Nothing better!!!

buckpasser

Thanks fellows! We butchered him with the knife of my late great uncle Bob. He is pretty much responsible for introducing and recruiting my Dad into hunting, who did the same for me, who is trying hard to pass it one more time!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats to little buckpasser ! That smile says it all

Hawken2222

Good stuff can’t beat that

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Way to go Buckpasser Junior! Congratulations. Sounds like a hunch to check one more spot proved worthy ! Way to go DAD! :rockon:

Duff

Awesome!!!!