Spring and summer

Doug B.

Now is the time to try and get everything ready for this coming season. I made a stake puller out of metal fence posts to pull my wolf fang stakes.
Screenshot_20200513-164300_Gallery.jpg
I welded a chain hook on it to hook the last swivel on my trap chain.
Screenshot_20200513-164253_Gallery.jpg
I also made some stabilizers for my Bridger 150 body grip traps.

Screenshot_20200513-164315_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200513-164310_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200513-164306_Gallery.jpg
These are for mink and muskrat. I know most places in Georgia don't have either one of those, but we have them here in the mountains. I did make one just like these except bigger so I could use a 330 in it. I will probably try to make a couple more of the larger ones. I also need to to make me some rebar drowning rods for beaver.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great ideas , I bought the fox hollow earth anchors and built a puller similar to yours and wound up breaking 2 of the chains and wound up having to dig mine up with post hole diggers , may need a different anchor system in this red clay but already invested to much in what I have with the driver and anchors

Doug B.

Great ideas , I bought the fox hollow earth anchors and built a puller similar to yours and wound up breaking 2 of the chains and wound up having to dig mine up with post hole diggers , may need a different anchor system in this red clay but already invested to much in what I have with the driver and anchors
I understand what you are saying. I use a 2" auger bit and drill for the stubborn ones. That will make it easy for my puller.

furtaker

Nice work! That fence post may bend though if you put too much pressure on it.

I guess I'm old school because I still double stake with rebar. I also use drags in brushy areas. I've tried a couple different kinds of earth anchors before but I gave up on them since they are such a pain to pull. I always dug them out with a shovel though so if I got more creative like ya'll, I probably could have made it easier on myself.

Doug B.

Nice work! That fence post may bend though if you put too much pressure on it.

I guess I'm old school because I still double stake with rebar. I also use drags in brushy areas. I've tried a couple different kinds of earth anchors before but I gave up on them since they are such a pain to pull. I always dug them out with a shovel though so if I got more creative like ya'll, I probably could have made it easier on myself.
In some places where I trap is field edges where the ground is kinda soft. This puller will pull those with all ease. Anywhere the ground is much harder I will use a 2" auger down beside the anchor and the puller will then pull them easily.