Stove problems

flatwoods

I have been having issues with my oven for a while. It finally decided to die Friday night.
I finally determined the issue was with the control board. Oh boy.
I found a few online for $500 but I'm pretty sure they aren't available.
Since this is a 3K downdraft range, I figured I better fix it.
Never done much control board repair but I figured it out.

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

I figured I'd better try it out. I have an old church cookbook on the counter that my mom contributed to heavily. I have a friend that flips through there and opens it to a different recipe of my moms every time she comes over.
You know I just have to try them, especially the ones I remember.
Cooked these up last night after the repair. I think I fixed it.

image000003.jpg

image000004.jpg

Just got done with the Lacksters tomato pie thread.
I see some of those in store for today!!

baddave

we had to do something similar not too long ago. The left front eye would just burn wide open or none. I replaced the control board and it fixed it. As time has rocked on it still acts stupid from time to time so I do a hard reboot and it clears up. Kill the breaker for a few minutes. ezpz

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I have been having issues with my oven for a while. It finally decided to die Friday night.
I finally determined the issue was with the control board. Oh boy.
I found a few online for $500 but I'm pretty sure they aren't available.
Since this is a 3K downdraft range, I figured I better fix it.
Never done much control board repair but I figured it out.

View attachment 1168358

View attachment 1168359

View attachment 1168360

I figured I'd better try it out. I have an old church cookbook on the counter that my mom contributed to heavily. I have a friend that flips through there and opens it to a different recipe of my moms every time she comes over.
You know I just have to try them, especially the ones I remember.
Cooked these up last night after the repair. I think I fixed it.

View attachment 1168362

View attachment 1168363

Just got done with the Lacksters tomato pie thread.
I see some of those in store for today!!
We’ll done,pun intended

Lukikus2

we had to do something similar not too long ago. The left front eye would just burn wide open or none. I replaced the control board and it fixed it. As time has rocked on it still acts stupid from time to time so I do a hard reboot and it clears up. Kill the breaker for a few minutes. ezpz

Might have to try that on mine. The reboot. I totally burned my supper the other night with it set on 3.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Might have to try that on mine. The reboot. I totally burned my supper the other night with it set on 3.
Young brides are the only ones allowed to burn your supper. Hope you got it straightened out.

DannyW

The microwave goes dark every couple years. I just unplug it, let it set, and plug it back in. Good to go...easy fix.

baddave

The microwave goes dark every couple years. I just unplug it, let it set, and plug it back in. Good to go...easy fix.
that's good . anything with a printed circuit board it's definitely worth a try

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
That's awesome! Great Job!

I will try to fix about anything in the house and find the electronics are usually the problem and not too difficult to repair. I also find that most OEM parts can be substituted for a much more affordable option and to be honest, they both are probably made in the same Chinese factory.

I did have a dryer last year that kicked my rear as everything on it seemed to fail at once. I finally gave in after hearing the wife yell at me for two weeks..... and I was the one going to the laundry mat to dry clothes twice a week....

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good job!!!