Summarized WMA hunting results

mlandrum

Here is a link to a summary of 2019-2020 WMA deer hunt results. It contains totals posted to the DNR’s database for hunts where DNR staff actively checked-in deer. Unfortunately, it excludes kills submitted through Game Check and any ongoing hunts that have not concluded.

The file is in MS Excel and contains several pivot tables with various statistics and WMA rankings with results back to 2011. Data from 2016 to date may be somewhat less complete / accurate if a hunter submitted their kill in Game Check without bringing the deer to the check-in station.

I suggest that you save this link (vs downloading the file) as I will be posting updates throughout the season as time permits. Enjoy!

Click here
Thank You Great Help!!

buckortwo

Those numbers should reflect online and traditional sign-in as well as deer reported to both Game Check and check-in hunts. We are transitioning away from the old system, so the old site will probably be discontinued. We don't have an easy way to create a download option in the new system, but we can put all the results into Excel and email it upon request.

I'd like a copy of the data. I'm working on a small website to list WMA hunts, search, filter, and find based on your hunt criteria (youth, wheelchair, acreage, game, weapon, etc). It'd be great to have hunt data to tie to it. I'm currently using the harvest report spreadsheets, which are lacking.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I'd like a copy of the data. I'm working on a small website to list WMA hunts, search, filter, and find based on your hunt criteria (youth, wheelchair, acreage, game, weapon, etc). It'd be great to have hunt data to tie to it. I'm currently using the harvest report spreadsheets, which are lacking.

What date range are you interested in?

oldfatbubba

Added a new report quantifying hunter density for each WMA, the number of hunters per day of hunting per 100 acres.

oldfatbubba

@buckortwo PM received. I sent an email containing a direct link to the data. It will be from microsoft / onedrive.com The link referenced in your PM was out-of-date.