Sunday Afternoon Success

Taboyd

One of the many things I enjoy is hunting nasty weather fronts. Tonight I was blessed to cross paths with the one I have chased all season long with only 2 daylight pictures. I hunted 12 out of 14 days leading into and through Thanksgiving week and tonight it all came together. There is a picture of him as a 9 point before he was broke off! Best buck to date- the chase is what keeps you getting up and putting in the time and strategy!

Attachments

• IMG_2753.jpeg
    IMG_2753.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2758.jpeg
    IMG_2758.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2760.jpeg
    IMG_2760.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2763.jpeg
    IMG_2763.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2764.jpeg
    IMG_2764.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2779.png
    IMG_2779.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2778.png
    IMG_2778.png
    566.1 KB · Views: 191

DynamicDennis

Nice job, my 13pt broke a couple off I shot this year. Probably going to have it repaired

outdoorman

Very nice, being a new hunter, I have a question:: what time in the afternoon are they moving now? Are they also moving as much in early mornings?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great buck and they were moving Sunday afternoon !

DynamicDennis

Very nice, being a new hunter, I have a question:: what time in the afternoon are they moving now? Are they also moving as much in early mornings?
Realistically just spend as much time as possible on stand. But for our property food plots are better in the evening, but really just hunt the areas hard that you have the best sign. Thick areas if possible.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m seeing more in the afternoon right now . But I go when I can , sat this morning til 11 and didn’t see anything

Taboyd

I agree with the above statements- this time of year and on Sunday I hunted a field stand with pines and shooting lanes that lead to a feeder that goes off at 4:45 p.m. everyday. I usually prefer this stand in the evenings. There were does present up until about 10 minutes before this buck came out about 5:30 p.m. In the past, late season hunting (December) with a food plot or feeder that does are conditioned to can increase your chances greatly. I have not harvested any does all season and my personal choice is to wait to when the rut seems to be over every year. I believe having does around can only help lure the bucks in the area. Again, this is just my opinion. Best of luck to you!

outdoorman

Thanks for the advice; I took off work couple days to hunt so and went out late morning (almanac says best hunting between 1100-1:00pm today ( didn't see a thing); tomorrow, I'll go out early 0530 and sit for few hrs, then next later in day.
As much time (money and energy) I put into this, I'm determined to get one this season.

Jim Boyd

Awesome!

Congrats!

uturn

I’d be stoked too…congratulations! I love hunting the edge of weather as well!

Last edited:

bany

Nice buck!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Congrats on hanging with it. It gets hard sometimes to keep going.