Sunday Nfl

Horns

Falcons struggling against that Seahawk defense

Oldstick

Wiems fair-catches a punt standing on the 3 yard line.

Oldstick

I'll give credit to the Falcons, I think they proved themselves legit today. Seattle defense with just enough luck enough to come out on top.

Greene728

They were robbed on that last pass to Jones. Gross PI!

Oldstick

Don't know how the refs didn't see them holding his right arm all the way through the catch zone. He almost managed to grab it with one hand, that would have been a highlight clip.

Scott G

Banned
I'll give credit to the Falcons, I think they proved themselves legit today. Seattle defense with just enough luck enough to come out on top.

Agreed. This game was allegedly "the test" and, despite a loss, they passed it in my book.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
The worst no call by a ref right there!!!! That was the game changing call!!!!
I also think despite the loss today I think the falcons proved themselves worthy

Luke0927

Robbed for sure!

mizuno24jad

I Ann very happy with the Falcons performance, especially considering Seattle just came off their bye week and it was our 2nd road game out west in a row. Would have been nice to know you can pay those refs off before the game started tho......lol

Oldstick

You wonder if politics came into play during halftime. There was the one missed PI against the Falcons in the first half, then another PI in favor of the Falcons that might have been borderline. Could have been some "you owe us, you better be sure to get the next one right" pressure on the ref's from high places, you never know.

You also never know if either missed call affected the final score but chances are the last one did.

Twiggbuster

League needs to look into that no-call and take action.
That was horrible.
Did like the way Quinn got on refs a----s!

Oldstick

Seeing the replays again, the arm holding happened pretty fast in real time, it was little hard to tell if Julio fell backwards on his own trying to get the ball or he had some help. I only know he couldn't get his right hand up there in time.

If you think about it, it was the only play possible by the defenders. If they didn't hold, Julio was in position and probably comes down with it likely costing the game for Seattle. If they get away with it game is over. And Ryan probably should have gotten the first down by running on the previous 3'rd down play.

Scott G

Banned
IMO big penalties (15 yarders) are the most serious of infractions and coaches should be able to toss their their challenge flag. You can challenge a spot or catch that is hugely pivotal to the final outcome, but not something worthy of a 15 yard penalty? Doesn't make sense to me.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Twiggbuster;10411532 Did like the way Quinn got on refs a----s![/QUOTE said:
Yes!!!!! It shows he give a crap!!!:cool:

Oldstick

IMO big penalties (15 yarders) are the most serious of infractions and coaches should be able to toss their their challenge flag. You can challenge a spot or catch that is hugely pivotal to the final outcome, but not something worthy of a 15 yard penalty? Doesn't make sense to me.

Agree 100% and so did a lot of sports commentators today on ESPN.