Sure is a quiet hurricane season

sinclair1

Make us nervous to book our usual Sept trip. We have not been hit but once in 23 years with a few close calls before or after our trip.

This year sure seems different, can’t remember a clear slate on booking day ever.

ryork

It only takes one and still 3-4 weeks from the average seasonal peak, but it has been quiet.

sinclair1

It only takes one and still 3-4 weeks from the average seasonal peak, but it has been quiet.
we go mid Sept every year. We can usually see where to book by looking at what’s out there and how the jet stream is working. Super quiet!

sinclair1

Hopefully nothing here at the house this year. Ian went around us last year

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Saying that Q word at the fire house will get you rough talked. Hoping for a mild season, no sense in getting all the cotton stalks tangled again this year.

Redbow

Remember, Michael hit the second week of October.
Hurricane Hazel hit Johnston County NC October 15 1954. Many on this site were not even alive then but I was. I was a scared 8 year old boy we didn't even know the Hurricane was coming. Hazel hit our area one day after my birthday I was in school the teachers made all the students get in the hallways and sit down along the walls until the storm passed. My Grandparents were in the old packhouse grading tobacco not knowing that a bad storm was about to hit them.

Looks like things are ramping up with storms coming off Africa at the present time. I have been in quite a few Hurricanes in the past, I surely hope I never see another one but I guess we shall know soon enough.

Latest posts