Sure is a quiet hurricane season

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Highest wind gust here has been 13 mph and we have 9/10ths inch of rain so far.

Gator89

Son in Tampa reported in lost power for 30 minutes from 5:30 to 6 am, otherwise nothing major in his area. He close to the I-75 corridor down there (Temple Terrace). Looks like that area avoid it for most part. Hate if for folks in the Big Bend region, going to be major destruction.

Pinellas County and west Hillsborough had it rough.

But inland sections of Hillsborough have fared well.

earlthegoat2

Wind is picking up in Savannah. Lost my power 3 hrs ago though…..for no discernible reason.

Riding this one out on my porch….even though we had a tree fall on a car and kill somebody right in front of my house a few weeks ago

Big7

The Oracle
Buddy of mine on the southern end of Clearwater texted me and said a foot of water was in every room of his house but he didn't get any wind damage.

I asked him for a pic of his house so I could post it and also if he went by my old house to check on it and take a pic. North end of Clearwater on Dunedin line. It's a Daycare Center for little children nowadays but still looks about the same except the Sun Room/Deck has been removed a long time ago.. Took this pic November will be two years ago. Many a good day and night at that place. PS.. The road was deep sand and hard to ride a motorcycle on but it's paved now.

My phone camera ain't the best camera, nor am I a photographer by any means, but that was a nice house in the mid 90's.
20210926_134026_HDR.jpg

oldfella1962

It's been raining off & on pretty much all day here in Augusta, starting about 8 AM or so. No flooding that I've heard of so that's good. Not much wind to speak of.

Lukikus2

We are on the Ga coast in a house the roof looks like a patch quilt. They’re coming.
I haven’t lived here long enough to believe in conjuring them, but give me time. The last two that damaged our home before we bought it were Michael and Mathew, so I am starting to get superstitious about M hurricanes in October.

We are only September and about to get to the M’s so you should be good.

sinclair1

I am trying to learn this coastal living. So am I suppose to knock on wood, ignore or just hope like the dickens it turns?