Sure is a quiet hurricane season

bullgator

My crazy brother is going to ride it out in Brunswick in his motor home .
I just got a text from a friend who lives right on the Gulf in Tarpon Springs. I mean last house on the point. Yep, staying right there and rolling the dice.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Last frames show update to just east of St Marks. Sharp veer NE. Bad news for us. That landfall is 45 miles due south...
radar_flanim.gif

Last edited:

snooker1

We're getting some stronger gusts now.
4 this morning the alert went off for a tornado, the rumble lasted less than a minute and it was gone. Light rain and only intermittent gusts of wind on the east coast. I thought we would have more rain and wind. Stay safe.

Buford_Dawg

Son in Tampa reported in lost power for 30 minutes from 5:30 to 6 am, otherwise nothing major in his area. He close to the I-75 corridor down there (Temple Terrace). Looks like that area avoid it for most part. Hate if for folks in the Big Bend region, going to be major destruction.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Tornado warning alert just went off on the phone. Rain has picked up, still not much wind, and hope it stays that way.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Okay, now it’s starting to get windy here. Still raining good.

RedHills

34 miles *NNW* of Perry....lost power 2 hrs ago. Cameras gone dark....I'm glad I brought saws and chains with me! I'll need em getn back home.

Last edited:

ryork

Sea Hag Marina is posting live video updates on Facebook. Changed drastically from an hour so ago to twenty minutes ago. Hope those folks are going to be OK.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Horseshoe beach (south of Steinhatchee) is under water.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 081901.jpg

RedHills

Kiss of death....Weather Channel just panned "Greenville I10 cam"..10 miles away :)

Oldstick

A Weather Channel camera spotted one guy paddling a small boat in the middle of the 7 foot surge at Cedar Key. Thought Jim Cantore was gonna rip him a new one, but they had to cut to commercials, then I guess he decided to let it pass.