Sure is a quiet hurricane season

49tandc

We are about 45 miles east of Cedar Key. High and dry, but still concerned. IF it does turn @ Ceday Key, it will be comng right up our driveway. Compound is pretty well secured. Food, lots of water and ammo. We'll be here. I hope it keeps it's northern track.

Cheers,

Baroque Brass

Just serviced the Generac. Not a lot of hours on the oil but it’s been two years. $30 for oil, filter and peace of mind, except for the cost of LP gas. I don’t expect it to be as bad as Michael in 2018.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I get to be on duty tomorrow, looks like rain will be the worst thing for us. Several low areas that people just can’t leave alone when it floods.
Y’all stay safe down south.

Oldstick

Nothing to play around with, especially if you are near the coastal areas impacted.

I know a few people on here are old enough to remember Hurricane Camille in 1969. We were on vacation in Gulf Shores, AL. I was 11 and it was a day or so before the hurricane hit land.

We kids were extremely excited about the huge waves being kicked up at the beach, but before I knew it I got dragged out way over my head being pushed under by the waves and probably would have drowned if not for my Dad watching close by who grabbed me and dragged me back to safety.

We left for home in GA the next day before it hit land and became one of the deadliest hurricanes in history up to that time.

By the way, if I recall Camille made a sharp right turn after hitting around the AL/MS coast then came over here and flooded every single river basin, including the Chattahoochee, Flint, and Okmulgee in GA.

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
My weather rock got good and wet a couple hours ago. No rain since. Looks like St Petersburg is going to get a glancing blow overnight.

alphachief

We’ve been back in the house for roughly a month after the house being totaled by Ian. Got everything sandbagged and sealed. Just need to make it past two more high tides and we’ll have made it through this one with no damage. Tidal surge is not for the weak of heart.

jNick

I live just outside of Gainesville FL. Been getting off and on rain all afternoon. Hasn’t even really started yet and my neighbor just had a tree fall. He had just left and if he hadn’t his truck would have probably been hit. Ground is very soft.

Attachments

• A720D2DE-2B3D-4FFA-9DA1-6F76BD4B228D.jpeg
    A720D2DE-2B3D-4FFA-9DA1-6F76BD4B228D.jpeg
    826.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 5106399E-1802-4A41-8553-493EEFF0BA96.jpeg
    5106399E-1802-4A41-8553-493EEFF0BA96.jpeg
    934.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

oldfella1962

Should be self explanatory but I will say look after your neighbors. Southeners use the term look out for to mean look after.
Got it. Because depending on your neighborhood here near Augusta, you have to "LOOK OUT!" for your neighbors. :eek:

burglar.jpglooters.jpg

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
My crazy brother is going to ride it out in Brunswick in his motor home .
I live in Brunswick. And as of right this minute, I plan to be here as well with my dad. I'm certainly not bragging about it, as I am very concerned about this storm. There is some old folks up the road who aren't leaving, and I'd hate something to happen and they need some help. They have no one. If we decide to get away from the house, I know a business where I can pull up beside to maybe help block some of the strong wind. I don't like being at the house with strong winds. Too many big trees around it.

Prayers for all of us. Y'all be safe!