Surgery

krizia829

@krizia829 .... are you by chance diabetic?

If so look into Manjaro(sp) medicine.... my son has lost 93 lbs just from the meds...
No thankfully I am not diabetic. Monjauro works but is also very expensive and from what I've heard, very hard to get here. That's all temporary anyways. This is a more permanent fix and jump start to changing my eating habits and health overall. It's a sacrifice I am making for my family and for myself. I want to take advantage that I am young and my insurance is covering surgery 100%

hopper

No thankfully I am not diabetic. Monjauro works but is also very expensive and from what I've heard, very hard to get here. That's all temporary anyways. This is a more permanent fix and jump start to changing my eating habits and health overall. It's a sacrifice I am making for my family and for myself. I want to take advantage that I am young and my insurance is covering surgery 100%
Curious if your insurance company or doctor is having you get a handle on eating habits and exercise before the surgery?

sinclair1

Best of luck. I have some family who did some version of it. Not sure, but their advice would be to get a handle on sugar before surgery. You can take in enough sugar, even with a small stomach to derail the Losses.

krizia829

Curious if your insurance company or doctor is having you get a handle on eating habits and exercise before the surgery?
Yes, I am actually required by my insurance to do a 3 month weight loss program beforehand, do a nutritional evaluation (which I've already completed) and psychological evaluation just to be approved by my insurance. They have already explained to me what type of diet to begin pre-op and I will be given a full packet of meals and eating schedules that will help me post-op. It's a guideline on what to eat, what not to eat, in what moderation, etc. As for exercise, just walking for now. No heavy lifting, pushing or pulling for a few weeks.

hopper

Yes, I am actually required by my insurance to do a 3 month weight loss program beforehand, do a nutritional evaluation (which I've already completed) and psychological evaluation just to be approved by my insurance. They have already explained to me what type of diet to begin pre-op and I will be given a full packet of meals and eating schedules that will help me post-op. It's a guideline on what to eat, what not to eat, in what moderation, etc. As for exercise, just walking for now. No heavy lifting, pushing or pulling for a few weeks.
Good luck and best wishes to you and family.

krizia829

Me and my wife have been on mounjaro since February she’s lost over 50lbs. I’ve gone from 296 to 238. Our insurance covers thankfully,cost is 25 per month each.
That's amazing!! You guys must feel great! I was just put on Cholesterol medication and Vitamin D2 50,000IU to control it until surgery and let me tell you.. I actually feel much better overall. I actually just dropped about 5 pounds in the last week and a half or so without doing much. I can't wait to reach my goal weight and stick to it

Mauser

That's amazing!! You guys must feel great! I was just put on Cholesterol medication and Vitamin D2 50,000IU to control it until surgery and let me tell you.. I actually feel much better overall. I actually just dropped about 5 pounds in the last week and a half or so without doing much. I can't wait to reach my goal weight and stick to it
I’ve been on cholesterol meds for 4 or 5 years. After the first 4 weeks on the shot my total cholesterol went from 239 to 139. Can’t remember the ldl and hdl numbers. Hope all goes well with you and you meet your goal!

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
You can actually take Mounjaro as long as you want is what they’re saying anyways . Doctors are recommending it and have found it helps heart disease, etc